Black Entertainment : Black Raopers Talkin Bout Their Mommas - Is it happening yet?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Destee, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hey Family,

I'm just learning to really appreciate (this new) rap music, and as i do ... i'm wondering ... how this White dude (Eminem) make it all the way to the top of the Black rap game? Wasss really goin on yall???

That aint my main question ... so don't get stuck there ...

What i really wanna know ... is if there is a Black rap artist that has talked so ugly about their own Momma on a track ... as this White dude has?!!!

Was this a seed, planted, meant to take root, and grow, in our Brothers (and their music)?!!!

Please tell me ... aint none of our Brothers did this, have they?

Okay ... back to the original question ... wasss really goin on?! :puke:

:heart:

Destee

2. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Naw not really he made it big that way

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    You're just getting into rap Destee? You are of the generation that created the music, I find that somewhat surprising. Also you've missed important years, because in my opinion Hip Hop in the 80s and early 90s was more progressive and innovative than rap today. However, I just wanted to address your question about Eminem. He has reached his position in rap because about 90% of the people who buy rap are white people (mostly teenagers).

To answer your second question, I'm unaware of any black rapper who talks about their mother like Eminem does. However, I'm not into the music like I was in my teenage years. Also with the way an increasing amount of black people are emulating the worst of white culture (including the disrespect of parents) coupled with the number of broken homes in our community...don't be surprised if this doesn't happen at some point.

4. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I listen to rap and i think its sad how the real lyricists are far and few in between and I got respect for guys like Ice Cube coming from LA but some of the new guys out here are sorry and the people buying stuff now think FIFTY cent is better than guys like NAS LUDA JAY Z just to name a few ya know? I mean how is it that no one recognizes true game that much? :insane:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Pan ... i did say ... "i'm just learning to really appreciate (this new) rap music" ...

Where do you get those numbers ... 90% of the people who buy rap are White (teenagers)?

I hope our young people NEVER EVER EVER disrespect their Mothers the way this guy has! Gosh!

:heart:

Destee

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    It is pretty common knowledge that the overwhelming majority of rap's buying audience is white youth. Let me see if I can track down, the specific numbers....

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    That didn't take long, I found it. The actual numbers are believed to be between 70-80%. Either way, the question of why Eminem is so popular is obviously tied to those numbers. In my mind Eminem is Vanilla Ice with better timing:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/0,,SB111521814339424546,00.html

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    destee eminem is just an example of the differences in culture (black vs white).

weve all heard jokes and witnessed white people who are extremeley weak minded.

listen to the rhymes of true emcees (black or latino), they spit about struggling in life but at the end, at the very base of hip hop(black culture period) is to overcome.

on the flip side whites often hate their parents, and crack under pressure easily. emenem is just a whinning white guy, weak with no dicipline. he has made it so far because he is white, also he is talented.

however there are many talented emcees who have not blwn up like em, because the majority of rap purchasers are white as pan pointed.

thats not it though, blacks are in a perverse state at this point in time. wed rather here thug tales of murder, and illicit sex that here an emcee spit a cold verse. thats why fifty sent is at the top of the game with no talent, while guys like the artisan, common,redman, krs 1,wu-tang ,heiroglyphics, the roots, talib, imortal technique, dead prez ect are seldom heard outside of the rap fanatics circle.

there are some talented emcees who are "large" such as jada kiss, freeway,jay z, nas, ludakris, twista, tupac, big pun ect. but notice along with their talent is thug tales, murder, and black on black hate filled lyrics. i wont front i enjoy the latter to a point, the beats, and how they lay down their rhymes, but i disagree with their ignorant messages.

one bright spot has been kanye west, ... the game is about $$$.my man common is getting some much deserved air play as well.

one

BTW Dstee lets not forget a black man by the name of Dr, Dre put eminem on!!

9. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I've heard a few rappers say that Eminem wasn't the number one rapper I think was Dmx but thats D though. You've missed alot of songs because there are a few songs where Eminem talks about entering his mother anally(in the rectum). One day I can see rappers disrespecting there mothers also like Pan said I mean they disrespect their fathers all day long on songs some even brag about being the supplier to their father's drug habits. We allow or see it as o.k. to talk badly about the fathers but is wrong to talk about the mothers? But I know alot of people who were treated worse by their mother and wouldn't say half the stuff he has said in public but then again he is white.

10. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    WWJD? (What Would Jesus Do?)

I know He for darn sure would not bring this man to the top. While Destee asks her questions, I have some questions myself to ask Family: (No disrespect to the Beloved Destee)

1. When was the last time a dedicated fan came in public, and said that Eminem's music has changed their lives, and made then better people?

2. What has rap music sone to make the Black Community better?

3. How often to rap artists thank the fans who brought them that far?

4. What do they know about what the Bible says about defilement?

I will stop right there. I don't have the proof on me, but I believe that 90% of the rappers out there would find a new career, or end up somewhere else if money was not involved. That goes on to show that they do not rap because of it is in their hearts; they rap because it is in the money they earn. The Media has a way of controlling America, believe it or not.

Did it ever occur to you that when those rappers say, "B*****s, H**s, birds, and what not they are talking about your mother, your sister, your aunt, for you parents in here your daughters, neices, cousins, etc? Because if they are not talking about them, Who are they talking about? Whether we like it or not, the Bible says "Honour thy father and mother." Apparently, with all that talk, they do not honour thy father or mother. Just because your daddy did not grow up with you, you have to disrespect him? THE DEVIL IS A LIAR! You have to live your life opposite of how he lived his - in other words, if he used females and looked at females as sex toys and such, don't do the same thing!

The same thing with men - Did it ever occur to you that when they say, "N***a, son, mother f****r, b***h a** n***a, p***y, herb, etc., they are talking about you, your son, your brother, your father, your grandfather, your uncle, your nephew, and what not? If they are not talking about them, Who are they talking about? Why are we embracing it like it is right? In the rap game, if a rapper did an album all about how he used to rap crap, but then repented of his sins, was cleansed, and is now living in the spirit, He would get blasted, labeled as "soft," and nobody would buy his music. He would even be blasted if during an interview, he had his wife and children with him, and they spoke like they were raised the right way. Now because EVERY BODY IN THE RAP GAME DOES IT, you have to live the way other rappers live.

Who decides to go into the studio, and say what they will say? Is it our decision, the rapper's decision, the media's decision, or what? Think about that question as well.

As far as Eminem goes, just understand that out of the 80 or so percent of his followers, none of them are living happy, successful lives. Either they are deteriorating, or they are already deteriorated; they are just remaining 'under the rock of rap that landed on them.'

So what we need to do is take a stand - a very positive stand, and put this 'crap' music to a stop.

CD