Black People : BLACK POWER!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by roarin1, Oct 1, 2005.

1. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
  2. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    This article says it all. This would definitely be a way of showing that we know how to follow the money trail and that we are serious. If Black folks would show unity in doing just this one thing, we would gain eternal respect throughout the world.

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Many of the things on those list would affect not only communication on this forum but my form of entreprenuership as well. This is because computers and Internet connection would be banned.

Why should the black community always be expected to sacrifice everything to make a point? Unless a company is making an overt racist action or statement, there is nothing wrong with buying things. There are not enough black companies as of yet to make such an extensive boycott last for a long time.

It is better to put our focus on how to have so many black companies out there that we don't need support other businesses. Boycotting on this level is not going to do that and is going to be unappealing for many.

I say use what you have to for now while doing all you can to form your own business.

4. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    Namaste Sis...

help spread the WORD!

ROARIN.....

5. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    What could be a more blatant statement of racism, than the "in-activity"

(regarding the Black Community,) by the so-called care-giver's of U.S.

citizenry, which is the U.S. Government, surrounding the VICTIM'S of Katrina?

If "they" say action speaks louder than word's, then in-activity is undeniable.

(btw, remember Tulsa?)

ROARIN.....

6. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18

I hear what you’re saying but I think this is much more important than not being able to get on the internet for 2 months. I have an online store so I would also be personally hurt. If we want true change, we have to do a whole lot more than complain about how we’re not being treated right. No one takes talkers and complainers seriously.

I think a massive boycott needs to be organized AND we should be forming our own businesses too. There are enough of us in this country to use multiple strategies and do them at the same time.

Remember the success of the Montgomery bus boycott. Lots of Black folks thought they couldn’t survive if they couldn’t ride those buses, but they got organized and stayed off those buses for more than a year. After awhile, the white business owners sided with Black folks because the boycott was crippling their businesses. The success of that one boycott was one of the major happenings that launched the civil rights movement.

Drastic circumstances call for drastic measures.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    this really need to be heard and acted upon to reflect our power in Black awareness
    i will pass it alone to as many as i can to reach out and feed the need to comply

true indeed we need to do this and organized and empower our selves and build our
    businesses and uplift the businesses we have we can change white america society
    by starting with a corner of what they control and feed us .

8. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    YEABO!

ASHAY Oba RICH....!

ROARIN....