Zimbabwe : Black Power: Zimbabwean businessman pays for Africans to attend Morehouse

Knowledge Seed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 22, 2008
Atlanta, GA
ATLANTA – For 17-year-old Abel Gumbo, things couldn’t be better. Only a few months ago he was among more than a thousand students at a high school in the Zimbabwean capital, Harare. Today he is rubbing shoulders with future leaders at Atlanta’s Morehouse College.

Gumbo is one of 10 students from Africa who have been awarded full ride scholarships to Morehouse, beginning this fall. Everything is being paid for by billionaire Strive Masiyiwa, Zimbabwe’s richest man, according to the 2011 Forbes list.

The telecom tycoon has committed $6.4 million in scholarship dollars to send 40 African freshmen to Morehouse over a four-year period. This year’s intake comprises of two teenagers from Burundi and eight from Zimbabwe.

Click here for more info

This is excellent news, Knowledge Seed. Now imagine if we could get even 1,000 of our people to do the same thing. And then another 1,000. And then another.

If we start thinking positive and applying our knowledge to financial independence, we can create a world where we are no longer dependent on the white man. This needs to be the new direction for our people... financial freedom.

This is excellent news, Knowledge Seed. Now imagine if we could get even 1,000 of our people to do the same thing. And then another 1,000. And then another.

If we start thinking positive and applying our knowledge to financial independence, we can create a world where we are no longer dependent on the white man. This needs to be the new direction for our people... financial freedom.
I've beat that drum since I first arrived on this forum. Nobody listens to me, though.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back