Black People : Black Planet Is A Racist Site - Boycott

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by blackplanet, Nov 8, 2007.

?

Have You Ever Experienced Racism Or Discrimination At BP?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. blackplanet

blackplanet Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    As hard as it might be to imagine, Black Planet.com - a place you'd think would be quite appealing to blacks, is actually a

hotbed of racist attacks on blacks unlike anything I've ever seen elsewhere on the internet. Black users routinely are sent

private messages from whites full of profanity and every racial epithet on the market.

One message from a white female to a black female said: "I searched google for ****** and your pic was there". There were

also other even more wicked racist comments.

Being a public forum, it is frequented by all races but, it is the largest black forum on earth. As such, the subjects tend

to be focused on black issues and society. Sounds like a good idea until you see the discussions high-jacked by whites that

laugh at black issues and insult the participants.

Black Planet does nothing to regulate this or, to ban the whites that send private racist messages. That has the black

contingent pretty upset and the site has become a cyber-racewar everyday. It's as if the KKK has invaded the site. Black

Planet refuses to do anything about it and when the members get together to do something on their own, those discussions are

arbitrarily deleted, time and time again

So, that gives rise to discussion about why only the discussions about the white problem on Black Planet are deleted and

there is never a good answer or, none at all. If you're are looking to right a wrong, stop racism or just need a juicy story,

I implore you to check it out.

There have been discussions there where everyone posted the various frightful letters they've received and nothing was done

except to delete that discussion as if it had never existed.

And, worst, it's done with impunity

Members are told it is a private site and basically, if they didn't like it, there are other sites to go to. You would be

trully horrified to read some of the private messages I've seen.

The site really is not for blacks, it's a site for whites to have blacks at their disposal, to stalk, ridicule and molest.

The Asians that own it are making a millions off blacks and they show pretty blatantly that they are there for the money and

they don't care what these white people do to blacks.

The rest of the time, they're just disrupting the flow of any serious discussion - deliberately. It turns into a big fight

and people lose track of the topic and we don't work anything out. Worst part is the black sell-outs who support the white

people disrupt our black oriented conversations.

The administration deletes our threads at will. Many are about science or black ancient history. They end up hidden very

quickly, leaving only the really ignorant topics readily available. It's quite deliberate.

We're hoping to collect black planet horror stories and put the word out that we should simply stop making them rich. Let

them go out of business. Seems no one respects us until we hurt their pockets.

If you have a story or can cut and paste any actual instances of white-on-black racism, we would love to hear from you.

Please pass this around.

Thank You

[email protected]

http://www.myspace.com/black_planet_racism

http://www.petitiononline.com/bp2007bp/petition.html

The best way to shake up a giant is;

Bad press

Loss of advertisers

http://www.monsterworldwide.com/About_Us/contact.html

Seems to be their biggest contributor. They would pull out if they heard bad press or got alot of emails about this.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    BlackPlanet ... Hello and Welcome.

Why do you go (and fight to remain) where you're mistreated?

Why do you expect them (non-Black owners) to treat you right?

People say the same about BlackVoices, BET, and BlackPlanet. None of these sites are Black Owned, yet they continue to make the bulk of all the advertising revenue derived from marketing to Black People on the Internet ... (BlackFace if you will) ... because Black People continue to go there.

At some point, the folk who go there, must accept some responsibility for their active and willing participation in being used.

I have no stories to tell, because i don't go there, but i do wish you success with your campaign.

Again, thanks for joining us, and please make yourself at home, because you are.

:heart:

Destee

3. blackplanet

Ratings:
    +0
    I Agree With You

We don't want to stay there, we want them to stop abusing black people while profitting from our name (BLACK Planet)

We are starting a class-action suit - think of Denny's

Things I've seen there and have been told by the adminstration are unacceptable.

Beyond that, who needs them?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Okay BlackPlanet ... i do wish you all success in your endeavor!

When you win your lawsuit, come over here and Become a Premium Member! :wink:

Much Much Love and Peace!

:heart:

Destee

5. blackplanet

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL

"When you win your lawsuit, come over here and Become a Premium Member"

DEFINITELY!!

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I'd just like to add some remark to this because i think it funny...

Well I stopped with Black Planet a long time ago, but a few months ago i realized I still had a profile of there so i went to deleted my ignorantly adolescent phattygurl_one profile which i had been meaning to....lol
    Well i didn't have a specific reason to dislike BP, so i made a new profile
    Beautyfullsoul is the name...(I'm a character)
    So I made one I try not to got all deep in it with the scrolls and the rings n' things so I just put some paper up so it looks pretty and let if roam free
    maybe I'll do all the about me's and things(i guess if the ? is what's the point of it right?..i don't know just to be involved I guess)...(plus you find good info..ANY&WAYS)
    I check mssgs and I add people I just don't go looking for people unless a special reason Same as my MySpace
    So today I took a BP trip since my E-mail alerts me n' things i'm doing okay
    so i visit Juanita Bynums page(there was a friend request from her...Cool)I always check the page before I think about them being my internet friend.
    so I go to her page and...OH...MY....GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All of this Noise,Ruckuss,And just Aggravation started
    I mean it was so much noise I though i was losing my sanity
    After my slow computer could manage to function w/ all of that mess going on I scrolled down and..............I see like Six different music player on her comments section
    All of it was like rappers(aggravation)like w/ these songs I don't kno like money and diamond and some other stuff I was just Trying to turn it off(EVERY LAST ONE!)
    I'm thinkin' Okay JUANITA BYNUM/Rap JUANITA BYNUM/Rap
    i mean Okay I saw Exaulted and after she said she believe in plastic surgery..lol
    I thought she was a lil under the edge but still she stands for THE LORD
    I mean it's just str8 disprespect , whoever put them up there
    well I added her Hoping and figuring it was still her page, a legit one
    and i continue
    I get to the end and there is this White guy(Caucasian guy) and I deciphered his S/N and It basically in long form ment I love Black Women (something like that) so I got to his page(OKAY) All I see if big booty BAM! BIG Booty. Im like ow wow.....I already know he ain't gettin accepted(he must be crazy)but hey he ain't the only one doin it!
    so i then venture to my mssgs and oh Mr. C again....... This.....dude sais :
    Hello Beauty(Which I Sho ain't mad fo..lol)
    Sumthin sumthin your pretty brown complexion your full brown lips and i think somethin else
    Now my point of him is
    Besides It being disrespectful to break me down in such a sexual tone
    All Caucasian guys don't just liike African American Women
    There are a plenty few of them that are just like feak sexual guy w/ a fetish for the black women(the Big Booty BAM! page)and not a genuine like or Wholesome attraction

What did i say to him you ask(Because NO1 deserves to be ignored...i will repect you as a person)...i Sent him a message repeating:

I did not accept you as a friend because of your page
    BeautyfullSoul

Or at least real close To that......
    Well I lost my mind so.....
    If you do not get a point through all this writing(LOL)
    Just keep reading it over and over until you come to a conclusion...
    Peace

7. FaithSoulSistah

FaithSoulSistah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Destee, you are right. This is how it is at BV too. I haven't stopped completely. I still post positive quotes and articles, but that's about it. I can't bring myself to stop though because the negativity launched at us is so overwhelming I want to try and bring something positive for my people to read.

8. IntelligentNoir

IntelligentNoir Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +74
    Being a complete noob to black anyting. (meaning I had no idea there were sites geared toward black folks outide of BET) Anyways, for some strange reason I thought the site was for "black" people foremost to come together and talk about intelligent stuff, but after a month of being on the site, I realized it was one big orgy with folks solely looking to hook-up and talk about, well, nothing.

I mean the site is really, truthfully, utter garbage. I don't see why anyone with all of two cents worth of sense would want to be on that site. That being said, sorry about what's going down over there, but what do you expect when it's a site open to anyone and quite frankly anything as it was quite a few its over there. I'm just thankful sites like Destee that trully is for black folks exist. And of course like sister Destee said, if the place sucking like that, then don't go there. Heck, the fact it's lethal on brain cells is reason enough to avoid it.

9. blackplanet

Ratings:
    +0
    ACTUAL QUOTES FROM WHITES ON BLACK PLANET:

Vxxxxxxxxxx
    Female, 35, Lansing, MI

Posted Nov 4

Soooooooo does that mean i can claim a disability check from the Govt now. Yes i love me some black **** so i hope my check

is hugggge!

txxxxxxx
    Male, 27, Minneapolis, MN

Posted Nov 4

I can always use an extra grand myself LMAO "Disability", just go ahead and give me a check and a disability parking sticker

because I love black LADIES!!!!

txxxxxxxx
    Male, 27, Minneapolis, MN

Posted Nov 4

I love a big round booty, slim waste, and a beautiful brown face and if that makes me crazy, lock my white *** up in a mental

institution haha..

dxxxxx
    Female, 36, Halifax, NS

Posted Nov 4

@ 971

You are right if he were in a room full of black men and said he likes black women...who knowswhat would of happened but he

is on the internet and away from harm...

To: Txxxxxx
    Subject: Re:
    GHETTO IS YOUR PORCH MONKEY ***.....

------------------------------

To: Txxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: Re:
    can see that your spelling is getting a little bit better, but that's about it. First of all if you remember you were first

to put me down in order to bring your ***** *** up. Second of all, Im a ****** lover....not a ******. I love myself and so

does the black man so I have no reason to trip. Finally when I google ghetto, you picture comes up....

dont hate the whte woman........

--------------------------------

To: Txxxxxxxxx
    he he he this is fun....
    I just use the term porch monkey for ******* like you......most men are with me cuz they are sick of ghetto ******* like you.

Oh an lets not talk about true colors...

once again, dont hate on the white woman

---------------------------------

To: Txxxxxxxx
    nice to assume how it is in my world, but you have not a clue. I only pick the educated, fine, quality black man/white man.

Dont hate cuz the white man would never date a ****** ***** like you. Now go sit at the back of the bus where you

belong....lol

-----------------------------------

If this is too strong for your site, I can respect you deleting it. My intention is to make black people understand why it's time to shut them down. They're making millions off our name (BLACK Planet)

This is an issue for the black community to be concerned about. What's more, this will prod blacks to find sites like THIS ONE.

10. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    How can a website be racist? I suspect only people can be racist.