Audio Video Web Conferencing : Black People Video - One Nation Under Guard

Our current featured video ... Billie Holiday's Strange Fruit

I thought it would be nice to have the lyrics to this classic available as well ...

Southern trees bear strange fruit,
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south,
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,
Here is a strange and bitter crop.

Strange Fruit

:heart:

Destee

Book 'Em: Undereducated, Overincarcerated

Peace and Blessings Family,

I'm going to start posting a copy of the Featured Video within this thread, instead of just deleting them when i add a new one, as some are so good ... those who don't get a chance to see them while they're being featured ... can click in here and see them later.

I'm starting with the previous Featured Video ... Book 'Em: Undereducated, Overincarcerated

This video talks about a phenomena called ... School to Prison Pipeline ... and anyone with children in the school system, should find this interesting, and be prepared to protect your children from what is going on.

Hope you enjoy:

Book 'Em: Undereducated, Overincarcerated

Destee

Today's Featured Video ... "Beauty" ... has the following text included at the end, and i wanted to be sure everyone could see / read it ... so i transcribed it below:

My first really big step toward self-degradation: when I endure all that pain, literally burning my flesh to have it look like a White man's hair. I had joined that multitude of Negro men and women in American who are brainwashed into believing that the Black people are "inferior" ... that they will even violate and mutilate their God-created bodies to try to look "pretty" by white standards. As he once said, "We hated our African characteristics. We hated our hair. We hated the shape of our nose, and the shape of our lips, the color of our skin ... This is how whites imprisoned us. Not just bringing us over here and making us slaves. But the image that you created of our Motherland and the image that you created of our people on that continent was a trap, was a prison, was a chain, was the worst form of slavery that was ever invented ... "

Malcolm X
taken from "Hair Story"

Beauty

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back