Black People : Black people,Stop eating pork

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by FASN8N1, Oct 30, 2007.

1. FASN8N1

FASN8N1 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    Yeah I know....you grew up with it at your stoves.Grease poppin erwhere.You sprinkled bacon in ur grits,put Italian sausage in your spaghetti.Made pork chop sandwiches for ur lunch.Had pork tender loin at upscale resteraunts.But black people we need to stop endulgeing in the hog.Its killing us.

I am not Muslim.I am a Realest.I did grow up eating it,but knowledge is power.I've seen what it does to your body.Why eat something that rolls around in its own urine and feases.No thank you.I have just started this journey,and it has not been easy.When you stop you will face redicule from ur friends.They will want you to keep eating the hog.They will laugh at you in resturants when you ask how the food is prepared.They'll order pizzas with all kind of pork on it just to try ur patients.They'll tell you,"Aww man you been on those crazy websites again huh?"

I am happy to say that I have been pork free for 25 days now.And believe me its a lot deeper than not eating ham sandwiches.You have to realy be aware of the foods you buy.I imagine there are a lot of non-pork eaters here already.I'm pretty sure we all can come together and give each other pointers on avoiding the unclean cross between a dog,a cat,and a rat.

Tip....Try buying Kosher foods.

To all my strong brothas and sistas,where you at?We got work to do!

Arthur Hood (FASN8N1)

2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    why is it that everything that tastes sooo good, is sooo bad? ;)

I grew up eating pork too - havent eaten it for a long, long while now.. not out of any concious choice, though - just always something more attractive on the menu/shelf. Wouldn't be an effort to stop 'conciously' - can you post some of your findings?

Glad to see you posting FASN8N1 - welcome :wave:

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Welcome FASN8N1!

First and foremost, it is great to see another Family Member here with us. We encourage you to make yourself at home, and enjoy your time here with us.

In regards to the subject matter of this post, there exists a multitude of posts/threads on this matter. I encourage you to view them before starting another thread on it, or posting something relative to it. This will keep us from having to deal with an abundance of posts/threads all on the same topic, yet taking up much space.

Other than that, I look forward to viewing for forth-coming contributions!

MK

4. Africana

Africana Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +9
    Food is food. God said everything he made was good, whether it rolls around in it's own feces or not. This is coming from someone who just doesn't eat pork that much because most of it I don't like but just because I don't like it doesn't mean it's not good.