Black People : Black people start acting like free people instead of "freed" people.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by bigtown, Jul 20, 2009.

1. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I'll start by saying that race is a pseudo science that does not prove a difference in races other than the obvious physical differences. Now, I don't talk about slavery much because black people were never slaves in their hearts, which is all that truly mattered. The black people knew that they were free men and women and just because someone is holding them against their will does not make them the property of their captives, that's why all the revolts and the attempted escapes. The emancipation proclamation lie came into law on september 22, 1862 supposedly to free black people from their criminals. Black people should tell the government to burn that useless document because man cannot grant the right to be free to anyone. It is a God given right to all people. Fast forward to the civil rights movement, black people fought to have equal rights in this country under the law, rights that the constitution was supposed to give them. Why did they fight? Because they knew they deserved it as free americans and just because some people thought they did not deserve it did not matter at all to them. Fast forward to now, "freed" black people openly give the finger to the Constitution while complaining about racism and slavery. Constantly. "Freed" black people expect an apology and payment from the ancestors of criminals. "freed" black people want separate laws that apply only to black people because as "freed" people, they believe that separate laws are needed to protect their freedom and liberty as if their need for freedom and liberty is somehow different from others. When we give others the right to judge based on some race laws and not on the Constitution, black people are then judged racially (separately) and not solely as americans. Dangerous because racism has to be proven, the Constitution does not. Free people don't want to be judged based on laws created to insure us of separate freedoms from the rest of the country. Free people want the same rights under the Constitution because they know that they deserve it, and they know that it can never be taken away from them. They know they are free people.

2. ang-EL

ang-EL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +50
    We cant truely begin to think or be free from this perpetual slavery until we get Europe off of our names. And by clinging to the other names and priciples that delude to slavery such as negro, black, colored folk, my dog, my cat, coon shine, jiggaboo..etc freedom is the last acheivment we will accoplish

:10500:

3. bigtown

Ratings:
    +31
    I agree many references should disappear, such as negro, etc. However, will not get rid of my name, to change it to what? An african name. Perhaps an african name of someone that sold black people to white people for slavery in the first place? Suggesting black people all change their names to some african, muslim to an X is an old argument that is not at all neccessary or realistic. There are four things that I believe many black people need.

Less media: Turn off the rap videos that shows a caricature of a race and pushes that image as the truth for all of the world to see.

Less television news: The network snews is entertainment purposes only, you learn about all the entertaining things that white people care about, but no real information.

Strong family bonds: parents (two of them) actually teaching their children at home and not just sending them to public schools for indoctrination.

Finally the belief that even what black people have endured in America, we can still respect and take claim of the law of the land (The United States Constitution) because we deserve it.

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Brotha BIGTOWN this speaks to those Black folks who consider themselves Americans. But some don't. By not considering oneself an American one has no rights at all because only a country can grant rights Africa is a continent not a country so being Africans does not give us any rights until we decide which African country we want to be a citizen of and go through the legal process of becoming a citizen of that country.

In the beginning we did not fight for separate rights but for the same rights other citizens of the United States had. As is the case with any social movement people just don't know when to stop and strike a balance. Extremism becomes synonymous with sincerity and balance becomes synonymous with half-heartedness.

What happens is this. They set aside three persent of the resources for minorities. Whites make up only thirty percent of the population but they get ninety seven percent of the resources while seventy percent of the population fights over three percent of the resources. When women obtained minority status whites could get a part of our three percent through their women.

If we could change this situation, if we could change the way the label "minority" has been used against us and just come out from under that label altogether then we could collectively through our unity carve out a piece of the pie more commiserate to our numbers.

But will we do it? Will we stop fighting over words and labels?

5. bigtown

Ratings:
    +31
    What Resources do you speak of?

6. ang-EL

ang-EL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +50
    Bigtown.....If u watched the movie Roots you would have noticed that they changed Kuntas name to Tobby. That scene is symbolic of us as a people. The only people in the history of the world who's names were stripped and not returned but hidden. Now every one's name reflects the Nation of their forefathers. The good, the bad, and the ugly. With the exception of u and I my brother. The names that tie us to our Nation of descent is the only thing that seperates us from the rest of the world. We are opperating out of the law. And thus classified as undesireables. We know the problem and u say ur looking for the solution...Well here it is. It started with our names being taken and it stops with the returning of our names. EL's and BEY's. Attached to the European name is sufficiant. X is not our name. And Black is not our race. Is their shades of black? Of course not. Than how can some one be a light skinned Black person. There is no such thing as light black or medium black or dark black. Black is Black and I do declare that u are not and I am not BLACK. Nationality is the only answer for the negro, black, and colored folk problem. And Nationality begins with ones name. And since we are not from the Nations of Europe than the answer lies within West Africa....peace

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Well spoken!!

8. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Why is it that the RAP videos get the blame? That is part of our culture...an ART FORM if done correctly. Are you saying Kanye, Common, Nas, Jay-Z, Lupe, and a host of other rappers who are positive should not have their videos be seen? Rap has created more wealth for our people than anything other that sports. Why should we shun it?

We should not watch entertainment news...but some news is NECESSARY. For instance, have you heard of the NAU or the Amero? I first heard of it from a CNN report.

I agree 100%
    The constitution is a joke. You are still 3/5ths of a human and can have your ability to vote taken away because of the color of your skin.

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Yes...

Relabel it all any which way you choose to!

But...

Crap is just crap!

And...

The question left unanswered is the means etc. will should imploy to get others to grow up--wake up--and wise up!

Then they will 'do the right thing'--as in--quit being a part of the problem--by the way of default--and choose to be a part of the solution...

It's like that:

And that's the way it is...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

10. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Was good brother Big. Your statement is a great one, but is easier said than done.