Black People : Black people living under the poverty line hit 52 year high at 27% and up.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Black-king, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Good Morning my people, I was checking out some the news blog and I came upon this article about the news numbers of poor Black folks in America. Although I am not surprised about these numbers given this country spent a decade ruling by a war-monger who only cared about his corporate friends, on top of that you have countless legislation that was designed just to create such a result. I am not going to do any deep analysis about the topic because its nothing that most of us don't already know even if we didn't know the actual numbers. I hope my people can finally wake up and smell the fresh air of reality, so that they can start to unite as a people because that false promise of equality for all is one of the biggest lie, that keeps our people asleep while we are slowly dying.

You can check the article below.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/us/14census.html?_r=1

2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    tru indeed...it is an illusion of freedom and liberty that keeps us in this bind...
    the ish is going to hit the fan soon though....

one love
    khasm

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    We been under this cave for a long time , america has design this for us these grounds
    are unfriendly to african american .............wake up call will come or we will be living
    under a rude awakening soon.

4. kde

kde Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    I know few people want to hear this in light of other recent threads, but I bet you'll find a substantially lower percentage of married black couple families living in poverty. In fact, this is from BlackDemographics.com:

Poverty has always been a challenge for the Black community. Although poverty conditions for Black America have improved, the rates are still staggering when compared to that of all Americans. 41% of single mother Black families are living in poverty compared to only 7 percent of married-couple Black families.

The politically incorrect truth is that single motherhood and absentee fathers are killing our community. The effects economically are crushing. Do you really think a generation in which 70 percent of black children grow up without a father have bright and shining prospects? The resulting pathogolies and poor outcomes are evident.

We need to focus as much as we can on making better choices, no matter what systemic woes seek to advance our undoing.

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    The freedom and liberty to embrace Ujamaa or Collective Economics, or reject it is no illusion, and we have had that choice placed before us since the time of Garvey,

the question is as, factors are set to attack us economicaly, why are we recalcitrant or complacent to use that freedom?

6. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    This is fine and good.
    I would also like to add individual self-improvement and training.
    Learn to do for self. Become competent in all aspects of one's personal affairs.