Black People : "black people can't solve their problems by themselves"

mrron said:
I have a 38 year old son who started blaming everyone he came in contact with for what ever problems he had, while he was growing up. He did poorly in school, and it was the teacher's fault. I wouldn't let him play football while in school, because he wasn't doing well in his studies. He became an habitual criminal after getting "kicked out" of the Army for insubordination. He blames that on my not letting him play football in school, it made him apathetic toward life, so he say's. He has five children that he can't support, say's that's not his problem, somebody else will take care of them. He lost his drivers license and continued to drive anyway, was caught and gave as his name, the name of my deceased son, his brother. He has served about three or four terms in prison, say's he was innocent of all charges.

He hates white people, and say's they should all be killed for coming here in the first place. I could go on and on about him. But my point is, in reference to the question "who is responsible for our problems?". It has become a pathology in the black community to not accept responsibility for our situation. Tevis Smiley said that some black people blame 97% of their problems on white people. How in the world can someone else have that much control over what you do with your life?

I read what Geo64 said in his remarks, and I have to say I agree with much of what he said. It's not about superiority or inferiority, it's about acknowledgement and accountablity for your actions. A wise man once said to me the following "C students run the world". Where is the superiority? Blaming white folks is a cop out. We can solve our own problems, in fact, we must. Otherwise, we have allowed ourselves to fall from first place, to last place. If we stay in last place long enough, we will be remembered for that, not for being the original people on earth.

Brother MrRon ... with all due respect ... as your son's Father, you do have some responsibility in the condition of his life, the things you've told us of him. To speak of him as you have, do you not realize you are speaking of yourself as well?

When Members talk of their own personal situations, or isolated cases (even if there are a hundred like them), that is not necessarily representative of us collectively, as a people ... i mean ... in case you didn't know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Destee, I couldn't disagree with you more. He has since turned his life around largely because of my influence. He is actually a step child, but I never refer to him in that way. My wife and I worked very hard with him, he had a unique personality within the family which included five children, the others turned out fine.

But to stay on the subject, what I was saying is that black folks blame the white man, like some children blame their parents for the way they turned out. So the question I ask is, are white people our parents? If not, why are we treating them like they are? Are we the reflection of our white parents? I sure hope no one thinks so.

mrron said:
Destee, I couldn't disagree with you more. He has since turned his life around largely because of my influence. He is actually a step child, but I never refer to him in that way. My wife and I worked very hard with him, he had a unique personality within the family which included five children, the others turned out fine.

MrRon ... if you never refer to him as your step child, why do it now?

You talk of Black Folk taking responsibility, yet you seem to be relinquishing yours in this case.

No matter, it's your own business, i won't press.

mrron said:
But to stay on the subject, what I was saying is that black folks blame the white man, like some children blame their parents for the way they turned out. So the question I ask is, are white people our parents? If not, why are we treating them like they are? Are we the reflection of our white parents? I sure hope no one thinks so.

White folk are to blame, and it is way past time for them to carry that burden. Why are you so intent on relinquishing them from their responsibility regarding the mass devastation of our people that they have done, and continue to do?

I have never heard any Black Folk say anywhere, anything like they consider white folk their parents, except you. That is an insult to all Black Parents and all Black Children. If anything, we are their parent, they are not ours. We nursed their children, they did not nurse ours. They came from us, we did not come from them.

:heart:

Destee

I am not in denial, I grew up during Jim Crow, I know a lot about their dirty deeds, and the lasting affects they've had on the black community. I don't think they deny them either. My point is this, they burned our house's down, so, do we wait and see if they are going to rebuild them for us? Do we stay out in the elements and suffer more harm, while we wait?

Some whites would argue that they have already made restitution through various programs. I'm not about to argue their case for them. We are at a point now that we've turned on ourselves. I live near Philadelphia, they are now at a record pace for murders this year. It's mostly black on black crime. In the majority of the cases both the assailant and the victim have extensive criminal records. Do you think the white community really cares?

I don't have the time to cast blame, while my blood is running out of the wound.

I didn't say that white folks are our parents, I said we treat them like they are by blaming them for every one of our problems, it's just an analogy. Genetics are irrelevant, who came from who is for science. Maybe they came from outer space. At any rate, none of that solves the problems. All the money in the world won't solve the problems either. We need to reprogram our people to survive and thrive, not to look further for someone to blame. Because even if they plead guilty, the problems will still remain.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back