destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I liken us to an abused woman, whose partner has beat her over and over again, and she goes back to him.

This government has repeatedly beaten us, yet there are many who want to have confidence and hope in it, as though the atrocities never occured.

I said the following in another thread :

I recognize that folk think the government should / will fix the problem, but this is the same government that enslaved our Ancestors ... the same government that allowed Black Folk to be lynched ... the same government that has all manners of racism built into it today ... i could go on and on ... yet there are some of us that look to it, to be our savior, to fix the very problems the same government created and have upheld for generations.

I don't really understand it, especially from those who seem to be aware on so many other levels, but willingly passes the ball at these junctures.

I guess it's easier to look to them (or another), rather than looking to self.

If a Sister registered here, and talked about how her man beat her, took her children from her, raped her, called her out of her name, mistreated her in every conceivable way possible ... but she was here asking if she should trust him again ... have hope in his promises ... because he said he was sorry ... said he loves her ... said he'd fix it all ... said it will never happen again ... we would all be up in arms ... telling her how foolish she is to trust him again.

Yet, we sign up for, argue over, promises made (yet again) by our own collective abuser.

Black Men and Women are doing this ... putting their hope in their abuser ... the abuser's laws, policies, promises, everything ... instead of feverishly working to come up with a solution that leaves them independent of the abuser.

I'm not that woman, that would be going back to a man that mistreats me. I've known Sisters that do that. They eventually come around talking about how great he is now. How he's changed so much. He doesn't do those things anymore. How she can trust him now. Well, I'd never know any of that, for I would have long quit wanting or expecting anything from those who intentionally mistreated me.

But not us ... collectively ... we stand in line, wait for whatever they have to give us ... and complain if it isn't what we hoped. We watch them set up our Sons for prison, after economically disenfranchising them. We talk about we're going to use the statutes and amendments that the abuser created, to protect ourselves. We're gonna go to their courts and have them arrested (the same courts that lock up our Sons). We're going to petition the elected officials that created and maintain the system of abuse, to make sure they stop abusing us. We're going to wait for them to fix it for us.

And while we wait ... we get just what the abused woman gets ... more abuse.

She / He / We can cry all night about how unfair it is ... the abuser aint hardly finna stop.

It's no wonder our Sons and Daughters put up with so much abuse ... we've taught them how, because we all do it ... collectively.

We will even run to each other ... Look what he did this time! ... look'n all surprised and stuff ... like he aint shown us what he'll do to us, time and time again.

We can easily see the abuse in the individual Sister example above, but we don't see it in our collective experience. I guess our abuser took our eye sight too.

Krazee Living.

:heart:

Destee

This may also explain (some) of why we abuse each other so ferociously, vehemently, and in unyielding manners.

While I'm no psychologist, there are studies that prove, the abused grow up to be abusers.

It's just that we're only left to abuse each other, for our abuser has insured themselves, we won't (can't easily) abuse them ... in the fashion they abused us.

So we abuse (kill, attack, diminish, disparage) each other.

Real sad.

:heart:

Destee

I couldn't agree more ......like i said in another thread
We have to make a stand in da depth of this front line independently yet with a collectively
force as one to make a change / fix problems / issues vs our Gov. / Lawmakers

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back