Black People : Black People, Always Complaining!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Each1teach1, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    You've heard this phrase before and so this is the title of the thread. I too have grown tired of us complaining and pointing out our problems having all these solutions but never implementing them. I personally have come to the conclusion that the best thing I can do to help my people is to start at home. As I once heard a wise old mother say "charity begins at home and then abroad." By home I mean in my own house. I have 2 boys and since I know of the conspiracy about that desires to destroy them, (thanks to Dr.Juwanzaa Kunjufu's "the conspiracy to destroy black boys" great book) I have vowed since their conception that I will not let this happen. I know I'm not super woman but I will do my best. So what am I doing? For one I read to my children. By reading to them I encourage them to learn and be curious about the world. I love and encourage them even at such tender ages of 2 and 4. Yes all parents are supposed to do that I know, but I encourage them to be their selves and respect them as individuals. The 4 year old has started pre-k and because I have my woes about the public education, I do my best to educate them at home by working with him helping him to study and being involved at his school. I work with him to study and practice writing and math at least an hour each day. By doing this and encouraging him in his work he becomes more confident in school and is likely to do better and less likely to be labeled, failed and jailed as the white supremacist system would have it. When he turns 5 I will begin to talk to him about his race and history. We have already started talking about it but I dont think he really grasps the basic concepts of why people are different racially and I dont expect him to nor do I encourage it in a negative way. However when they are both old enough I will explain to them what they are up against and prepare them as best as I can. My fiance, their father is involved too but he is not near as radical as I, so most of it will be on me to teach where he lacks in his radicallness lol. But this is serious business for me so thats why Im on top of it so early. I know there are some people probably going "well thats what your supposed to do" and their right, it is but sadly far to many of us are not doing what we are supposed to do as parents. Which has lead us to the sad state of affairs for black America today. Since I cant save all black people, I will do all in my power to save the two I created!! So I ask what are you all doing to help the cause?

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    I feel you Brother but that is your duty as a man regardless of color,

or the present day statistics lack of a father in many black homes with children

Father responsiblity was something from our 30 thousand year African culture, stolen and hid from us for only 200 of all those years!

Now with all due respect it takes a village to raise a child!

An injury to one is an injury to all IMHO

3. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    IM a lady!!! lol its ok but thank you so true

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    My apologies sister, but my point was not to make light of your efforts as a parent, but to emphasize that, doing small things in your community even once a week, if only 10 or 15 minutes, assisting the poor and elderly; goes a long way.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I feel ya sis and it's been a goal and deep desire to bring something to uplift us
    uplift myself and make a stance in life to help end some of the struggle/pain
    and poverty we face ....I too teach my children /read and show them the world
    which someday they will have to deal with .

I deal with the homeless / elderly and many young men in the community
    not only that i work with a program that help try to bring comfort to needed families
    or let's say one's who need it, I support the cause of many things

I'm right today trying to find a way to bring the inner community together to take back
    the hood and start putting our money into the community keeping it there and building
    a black own bank that families can get loans and homes .

There's so much i wanna do maybe my sale pitch is off but i will never give up on us
    nor will i leave one behind no matter who or what they are or do.......what a task
    i'm failing in but failure will bring greater later sucess.