Black People Politics : Black pastors bash NAACP for endorsing gay marriage

uh oh,..pastor clyde in the house...whar's the choir?:lol:

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

....... Well, we may not have a choir, but the Minister of Music is sistar cherryblossom... she'll be here di rectly...:) posting to the Gospel Explosion Thread, lol

Peace In,

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Okay Family, the War has begun:

Black pastors bash NAACP for endorsing gay marriage

The Coalition of African American Pastors announced Tuesday that it does not agree with the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People’s decision to endorse the legalization of same-sex marriage.
CAAP launched a petition last week to oppose broadening the legal definition of marriage.
The coalition includes leaders of black churches and veteran civil rights leaders who marched with Martin Luther King Jr.
The NAACP voted to endorse same-sex marriage Saturday, and NAACP President Benjamin Jealous publicly endorsed gay marriage Monday.
“The NAACP has abandoned its historic responsibility to speak for and safeguard the civil rights movement,” CAAP founder andPresident William Owens said Tuesday. “We who marched with Rev. King did not march one inch or one mile to promote same-sex marriage.”
http://news.yahoo.com/black-pastors-bash-naacp-endorsing-gay-marriage-201708256.html

Peace In,

This is sad. I heard too, that Julian Bond endorsed 'same sex marriage' too, I think.

My feelings are though, that this NAACP from its origin was not actually for our total cause anyway, and this is just the manifestations of it. But what a shame though.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back