Black People : Black Panthers, 1968,..where were you then?

I see the olders ones are still around ...

images
images
images
images
images

I see the olders ones are still around ...

images
images
images
images
images
Hey...how you doing Sister Ms Vera?
In 1968, I was in the 6th grade. April 4, 1968 when Dr. King was murdered, I vividly remember watching as older Brothers & Sisters from the west side of Chicago display their sadness and acts of vengeance/ violence because of this for more than two days.
My older Brothers and cousins were supporters of the Black Panthers. My residence at the time was less than twelve blocks from the west Monroe Street address where Black Panthers, Minister Fred Hampton & Mark Clark were murdered on December 4, 1969.
Wow, that walk down memory lane was sad but true.
Love & Blessings,
DREA

tumblr_m0nkh6E3Zm1qbrt62o1_500.jpg

Alameda County Court House during Huey P. Newton’s trial for murder. July 14, 1968.

images
images
images
I was just a baby when they were around.

I don't exactly remember where I was during brother Huey's trial but I do know that was around the time my mom started taking me to some of the Saturday school and breakfast programs at the Los Angeles chapter located about 7 blocks from my grammar school near 48th and Central. I have more vivid of 1969 because I remember my mom having a breakdown after receiving the news brother Fred Hampton was killed on my 12th birthday and within the same week I remember the police shoot out at the same Panther headquarters. I remember going to the spot afterwards and choking from all of the teargas that was still filling the air.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back