Black People : Black Panthers, 1968,..where were you then?

MsVeraisblessed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2012
tumblr_m0nkh6E3Zm1qbrt62o1_500.jpg

Alameda County Court House during Huey P. Newton’s trial for murder. July 14, 1968.

images
images
images
I was just a baby when they were around.

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
tumblr_m0nkh6E3Zm1qbrt62o1_500.jpg

Alameda County Court House during Huey P. Newton’s trial for murder. July 14, 1968.

images
images
images
I was just a baby when they were around.

Me too, I was a toddler. I try to read up on them because it seems like they were awesome, and to be all the way out there in the west and affecting states like California and doing things too there, is just mindblowing for me, but I don't really know why. i guess I grew up hearing and thinking that California was so liberal and to later hear of racism so far over there was hard to conceptualize...until I moved there, then I have been able to relate a little better. But there are some strange dynamics in California and the western parts of USA nonetheless, and I think it has to do with so much cover up history.

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
1968 and the 60s was the time of so many strange dynamics going on, in my opinion. On the one hand I remember hearing about great things such as the new styles like the fringe jackets and coolut pants, and etc. and hearing about famous people like, Aretha Franklin, the Temptations, Diana Ross and the Supremes, and then on the other hand, I remember hearing about the Civil Rights Movement, and Black men getting upset about little 'colored girls' having to play with White doll babies. I remember when I got my first 'colored' doll babies and Oh! what a joy! But I didn't hear absolutely anything about the Black Panther Party at all or Malcolm X until much later in life.

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!