jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
http://www.officialblackwallstreet.com/black-owned-beauty-supply-stores/

Lead.jpg

For decades, the hair care industry in the Black community has been dominated by Asian entrepreneurs and larger corporations like Strength of Nature and L’Oréal. Both brands have had a strong hold on the “ethnic” beauty market especially after acquiring numerous brands from Motions to Softsheen-Carson. That is, until the natural hair movement gained momentum and brought about a wave of Black entrepreneurs looking to reclaim the Billion dollar industry. With African Americans purchasing nine times more (repeat: NINE TIMES MORE) beauty and grooming products than any other ethnic group, yet owning less than 1% of that market share, it’s only right that there is a major shift in ownership from hair care products to the beauty supply stores notoriously owned by Asians. In an effort to support the growing number of Black-Owned Beauty Supply stores, we’ve rounded up 50 that you should be supporting around the country.

Checked out the bss on the link. The shipping cost is $10.00 locally. Out of state shipping depends on weight of order.
The shipping cost, can be more than the cost of products being shipped! That's why I don't order my products online. Shipping cost.

How much more should we be willing to pay to shop Black. I'm willing to pay an increase of $10-$15, including shipping. I've been to Black owned bss and the products I use were $1.00-$2.00 more.
I go to the Korean store where the Black owned products I use are $7.50 each. I could get another product for less, but I won't. Four products cost $30.00 plush tax. The cost of shopping Black. I understand the cost is higher because the product owner wants to get a greater percentage of the cost of selling in the Korean bss.

Black owned beauty products should be sold thru Black owned salons. You go to a Black salon and very few sell any hair products. I took the course. There is an entire chapter on how to operate a salon. Selling product is additional income and highly recommended.
Most of the natural hair salons in ATL use the same products as I use. Why are they not selling the product.
Not to compare Black and white, but if you pass a white salon, products are seen thru the window.
Why can't Black product owners and Black salons do business together. Black salons rarely sell any products. That the real problem.
To sell Black products thru the Korean bss is a choice. I would love to buy from a salon over the Korean bss.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back