Black Money Business Jobs : black-owned-beauty-supply-stores

Sis. IFE, you think Koreans who own BSS are purchasing their products from CosmoProf? I see Koreans doing Black people's nails and giving pedicures, but I have yet to see them doing Black people's hair, yet they are all up in the hair business in predominantly Black neighborhoods. Are you saying that Black people who own beauty salons aren't licensed and therefore, not serious about their businesses? If you believe Black people's hair is political because of its uniqueness, then why do we process it or cover it up with wigs and other people's hair? This isn't a challenge, I'm just curious as to what you think about my questions in reference to your comments.

I am not saying Black salon owners are not licensed. That's a non debatable requirement to work as a stylist, even more requirements to open a Salon.

Maybe the Koreans are a choice for Black Beauty supply manufactors. It wouldn't be as profitable for a store owner to purchase from CosmoProf as it is doing business with Black product manufacturers personally. Most Black hair products are not sold at CosmoProf.
Salons/Stylist purchase supplies from CosmoProf at a designed wholesale price.
Black stylist are licensed and some are very serious about their business. All respect to the Black stylist and Barbers that bring the most tax dollars into our communities.
What I'm saying is the Koreans and Asians are serious about their business that they make every effort to stay ahead, including attending school to obtain the cosmetology license. That test to receive the license is hard.
I've noticed one Asian run salon in Metro Atlanta that does all types of hair. Their plan is to not only sell our supplies, but to eventually take over the entire industry. I'm sure they know by now they can't compete with Black stylist and barbers.
When I went to cosmetology school there were 2 Asians in the class. When I took a natural hair course there was a female from China in the class to learn how to do locks. Kid you not. People in china want locks to.

Every Black women does not view their hair the same, so I can't answer the "why" they do such and such to their hair.

I can't even say that every Black woman has recognized the unique beauty of our hair. To be the only females on the earth with our curly, kinky hair, is reason to be proud.

I'm not the first to say Black hair is political.
When little Black girls are given a list of hair styles not acceptable for school. Is that political?
When the military wants to dictate how female soldiers can wear their hair, is that political?
Of course there was objection to these hair politics and these were resolved in our favor, but it still continues in one form or another.
White people and other nationalities do not understand our curly, kinky hair. The great mystery of Our hair.
I could think that because we dont seem to like or be proud of our own hair, could contribute to the politics of Black hair.

1. The Politics Behind Black Women's Hair | The Huffington Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/tracey-agyeman/black-hair_b_8330166.html - 405k - Cached - Similar pages
    Oct 23, 2015 ... Black women's hair is political. I don't intend to, but I do. By walking into a room with my hair like this [cornrows using Afro Kenke hair] people ...

I am not saying Black salon owners are not licensed. That's a non debatable requirement to work as a stylist, even more requirements to open a Salon.

Maybe the Koreans are a choice for Black Beauty supply manufactors. It wouldn't be as profitable for a store owner to purchase from CosmoProf as it is doing business with Black product manufacturers personally. Most Black hair products are not sold ar CosmoProf.
Salons/Stylist purchase supplies from CosmoProf at a designed wholesale price.
Black stylist are licensed and some are very serious about their business. All respect to the Black stylist and Barbers that bring the most tax dollars into our communities.
What I'm saying is the Koreans and Asians are serious about their business that they make every effort to stay ahead, including attending school to obtain the cosmetology license. That test to receive the license is hard.
I've noticed one Asian run salon in Metro Atlanta that does all types of hair. Their plan is to not only sell our supplies, but to eventually take over the entire industry. I'm sure they know by now they can't compete with Black stylist and barbers.
When I went to cosmetology school there were 2 Asians in the class. When I took a natural hair course there was a female from China in the class to learn how to do locks. Kid you not. People in china want locks to.

Every Black women does not view their hair the same, so I can't answer the "why" they do such and such to their hair.

I can't even say that every Black woman has recognized the unique beauty of our hair. To be the only females on the earth with our curly, kinky hair, is reason to be proud.

I'm not the first to say Black hair is political.
When little Black girls are given a list of hair styles not acceptable for school. Is that political?
When the military wants to dictate how female soldiers can wear their hair, is that political?
Of course there was objection to these hair politics and these were resolved in our favor, but it still continues in one form or another.
White people and other nationalities do not understand our curly, kinky hair. The great mystery of Our hair.
I could think that because we dont seem to like or be proud of our own hair, could contribute to the politics of Black hair.

1. The Politics Behind Black Women's Hair | The Huffington Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/tracey-agyeman/black-hair_b_8330166.html - 405k - Cached - Similar pages
    Oct 23, 2015 ... Black women's hair is political. I don't intend to, but I do. By walking into a room with my hair like this [cornrows using Afro Kenke hair] people ...
that is because white people MAKE it political......U do U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back