Black People : Black Native American Nations

Blackbird said:
It depends on what you mean by the term?

Blackbird (A Black Ndn)
What I mean is are there that were not killed of by invaders? I've heard of the Wa****aw(In Louisiana) Nation and the Azizan Moorish Nation, but are there any others? Are the two listed above REAL nations or are they just common law groups?

Knowledge Seed said:
What I mean is are there that were not killed of by invaders? I've heard of the Wa****aw(In Louisiana) Nation and the Azizan Moorish Nation, but are there any others? Are the two listed above REAL nations or are they just common law groups?

They are common law groups, if that. The Wa****aw Nation is highly questionable and its origins are dubious. I have come in contact with them when I lived in Louisiana and know that the Empress is doubtful. My colleague once spoke with her son when the Feds was searching them for mail fraud and money laundering. I was even questioned in the incident. I talked with her son. As an near anthropologist by training, I have yet to see any hard concrete historical documentation for either group.

Blackbird

Blackbird said:
They are common law groups, if that. The Wa****aw Nation is highly questionable and its origins are dubious. I have come in contact with them when I lived in Louisiana and know that the Empress is doubtful. My colleague once spoke with her son when the Feds was searching them for mail fraud and money laundering. I was even questioned in the incident. I talked with her son. As an near anthropologist by training, I have yet to see any hard concrete historical documentation for either group.

Blackbird
I've seen articles criticizing the wa****aw nation, but I haven't heard anyone criticize the Azizan Moorish Nation. In fact on the web page of the Azizan Moorish Nation, it says they will take legal action against anyone who refers to them as a common law group or anything other then the Nation that they are.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back