Black Relationships : Black men with white women

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by mahoganyqueen, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahoganyqueen

mahoganyqueen Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +3
    How does everyone feel about interracial relationships? I know that when I see a white woman with a black man I am angered, even though I try to hold fast to the thought that love is love and we are all the same. As a black woman I am filled with fear that there will be no black men left for me to date. As a black person I am angry that a black man would chose to live out his life with the oppressor. Am I wrong? Black women, how does this make you feel? Black men, why do you date white women? Give me some feedback brothers and sisters.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    my feed back is that his post should probably be in the relationships forum.
    and are you sure you meant men with men?

3. mahoganyqueen

mahoganyqueen Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +3
    My bdad for putting this in the wrong forum. How would I change it over to the relationships forum. And also, you seemed a little short w/ me. Does this question anger you?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello and Welcome Sister MahoganyQueen :wave:

I will move this thread to the relationships forum for you ... and i just noticed that your title does say ... Black Men with White Men ... :eeek: ... and i read your post earlier and didn't notice that. I'm sure that's not what you mean, is it?!!

Sister, don't mind Brother James ... he's a Sweetie Pie, just slow to show it to everyone too quickly ... hang around a while and he'll be running your bath water and stuff for you! :wink:

Moving this thread now ...

:heart:

Destee

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The thread title needs to be changed, I assume that sister MahoganyQueen means Black Men with White Women...not Black Men with White Men. That topic will get much different responses than Mahogany is looking for!

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    no, this question does not anger me.
    i'm angry about being called an ignorant old black person by the hip hoppers in the eminen thread.
    got me off on the wrong foot.

i think you should edit more carefully as your post is confusing.

if i get your concern, you seem to imagine there will be no males left for you to date.

if that happens to you, come to Philadelphia.
    we have a great surplus of black males around here.
    you can have a couple dozen of them for all i care.
    :slobber:

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Okay Sister MahoganyQueen, now that I know you are talking about Black men & White women, I can address the issue. I believe I'll address it with a question: If these same men who are dating white women were instead with black women, would you still be upset that they didn't choose you? Or would you instead realize these men are unavailable (in relationships), and instead focus on men who are available? The reality is focusing on men who are in relationships is a waste of time. It doesn't matter if a black man is with a black woman, a white woman, or a Latina....he is not available for you if he is seeing someone else. Your energy is better focused on the multitude of black men who are single, looking, and date sisters (they are out there, believe me)!

8. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Tech Support for an ISP
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not really sure what to say about this subject. I don't know if I brought this up before, but I'll go ahead and talk about a time when I was in college and certain situations that cast a spotlight on this subject.

When I was in college I couldn't get a black woman, period. I didn't date white women; I didn't date anybody. Black women would look me up and down, tell me I was "lame", to my face no less, lie and say they weren't interested in anything serious but then end up with a "man" a week later. Of course their new "man" had everything I didn't; a nice car, clothes, money, frat membership, etc.

But I would always get approached by non black women. Asian, white, indian....

I used to wonder if all they saw was a "black man" and wanted to see if the black man sexual myth would work for them. I never gave them the chance to see because I was worried about this. But the truth is, looking back, I wish I had. I would have at least had some kind of female companionship.

What I found really interesting was that whenever I was engaged in any type of conversation with a non black woman I would get "the look" from some random black woman walking by. There was one in particular who started ignoring me altogether because of this, but she had never even spoken to me herself. These same women who would find me "lame", "boring", "uninteresting", "broke", all of a sudden thought enough of me to feel like they could judge me based on a conversation I was having, that didn't include them.

So anyway, I said all that to say this: the reason some black men date out is because they have to. Now, obviously no one HAS to do anything....you can also not date out and contnue to live a solitary existence. Some black women who say that black men are scarce have done the same thing and I'm not mad at them. I think I've said this before but I'll say it again: black love simply isn't a reality for everyone. It's simply not going to happen for some people. Some of us have to go elsewhere. The rest of us simply stay alone.

I have always wondered though...what did those non black women see that my so called "sisters" didn't? I'm pretty sure not all those non black women saw a piece of meat when they looked at me. They actually wanted to know me, but I ignored them because I was stupid enough to worry about what my "sisters" would think. But still I wondered what the difference was. If white women, asian women, latinas, indians and others thought I was good enough to at least get to know, why didn't black women?

Anyway, I hope you find this post enlightening or at least informative and that it answers some of your questions.

9. seminoleBACP

seminoleBACP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    We should look into the eyes of the individual, for those are the windows to the soul, not the skin color.

10. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    "sniff sniff" I SMELL A WHITE MAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.