Black Relationships : Black men with sisters (siblings) or daughters

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I'm wondering how many men here have sisters or daughters and are they old enough to date and/or marry? Are their dating/mating/marrying experiences much different than women who have shared their challenges here? If they have similar stories about having difficulty finding Black men to date/mate/marry, what advice, if any, do you give to them?

I have a sister , and to my knowledge she never had a problem
finding a good black caring man , she been with this same man for 19 years
and been married to him for 17 of them years , her choice in picking her mate
i don't believe she had any difficulty doing so.

My daughter and grand daughter are too young , but i'm sure from the kind of
upbringing they get will help guide them to make good wholesome choices in
finding a mate and good brother to share there lives with , my daughter as she
grow will learn a lot from how i bring my son up and help mold him to be a good
strong working and lovin man , let her see what kind of man i am as a role model
to her picking of a mate , i'm sure she will have no problem finding a good black man.

I can't provide much more then this .

My sister is 23 years old and has already made some of the same choices many sisters here and in society have made already..She has a child out of wedlock, didn't finish college, has a questionable relationship with the father of her child, etc...I have talked to her until I'm blue in the face but she chooses to go the scenic route though life and not listen to what people have to say...What I do is say my peace and leave it alone...She recently has started confiding in me more after she saw that I was right about many things I told her...I try not to lecture her to much because it really does not do any good...I am trying to convince my mom and grandma to do the same...She is at war with my mom right now but they still love each other...First and foremost I love my sister too...

Peace....

NNQueen said:
I'm wondering how many men here have sisters or daughters and are they old enough to date and/or marry? Are their dating/mating/marrying experiences much different than women who have shared their challenges here? If they have similar stories about having difficulty finding Black men to date/mate/marry, what advice, if any, do you give to them?

I have a younger sister who is twice married and has two girls with her second husband. My sister is my best friend and we talk oon a regular basis even since i moved to texas.

I have a 20 year old daughter who is finishing her 3rd year of college. As far as I know she is not dating on a regular basis and has decided not to get involved until after finishing college and getting her law degree. She tells me that the guys in her age group dont interest her right now and has decided to wait until her career goals have been achieved. Since I myself had girlfriends starting at age 13 but was not sexually active until 24 I understand how she feels because I myself "waited" to have sex and even then I probably should have waited longer...

My Sister

NNQueen said:

Is happily married for over 15 years now. She was raised old school. She cooks, cleans and gets his paycheck when he comes home. She works too btw. She never had problems dating, ( except her Mookie episode ) thru th years either. Proverbs 31 works :welldone:

:coffee:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back