Black Money Business Jobs : Black Men With No Criminal Record Have Higher Unemployment Rate than White Men With Criminal Records

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Black Men With No Criminal Record Have Higher Unemployment Rate than White Men With Criminal Records

I don't know this to be true, but i believe it is.

I think i read it somewhere, or maybe it's the view across the landscape that i see.

What do you think? Any stats or opinions regarding my unsubstantiated claim ... :)

Thanks in advance.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

*** Edit ***

After posting this i thot some might argue that there is no such thing as a Black Man without a criminal record ... considering it almost appears 'criminal' to be Black ... given the overwhelming prosecution and incarceration of Black Men under this justice system ... it's problee only a matter of time for most, if justice has her way.

Either which way it goes ... it's way hard on a Brother.

*** Edit ***

From mine's own experience's it is truth, I have nothing to hide but it very hard to be considered for a job unless I am a felon with no violence.
In my humble opinion this should be a outcry even outrage because how they create a division all center on their agenda.
It is like they want to reward the ills of our community instead of the good.
They enjoying the way we re suffering and can care less if we strive to be positive.

Peace and Blessings Family,

Black Men With No Criminal Record Have Higher Unemployment Rate than White Men With Criminal Records

I don't know this to be true, but i believe it is.

I think i read it somewhere, or maybe it's the view across the landscape that i see.

What do you think? Any stats or opinions regarding my unsubstantiated claim ... :)

Thanks in advance.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

*** Edit ***

After posting this i thot some might argue that there is no such thing as a Black Man without a criminal record ... considering it almost appears 'criminal' to be Black ... given the overwhelming prosecution and incarceration of Black Men under this justice system ... it's problee only a matter of time for most, if justice has her way.

Either which way it goes ... it's way hard on a Brother.

*** Edit ***

Sister Destee, you're right. A few years back, a sociologist named Devah Pager did a study of discrimination *in the form of* what sociologists call stratification that occurs during the hiring phase of job seeking by felons vs non-felons. I'm posting a link to the actual study:

http://www.princeton.edu/~pager/pager_ajs.pdf

Thing is, as the numbers of women being incarcerated is rising, the same patterns of stratification is probably happening to them, too--though in Pager's study, she focused on the hiring outcomes for Black males.

One Love, and PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back