Black Men Under Attack

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Ralfa'il, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    We already knew this was happening on the West Coast....

" On 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, the black teenager was chased down and fatally stabbed by three Hispanic youths at an apartment complex in Corona, according to the Corona Police Department. He died two hours later at Riverside Community Hospital.

Dominic Redd, the slain 15-year-old, played football for Corona's Centennial High.

According to police, Dominic tried to elude his pursuers by ducking into a unit in the Contadora condominium complex in the 1000 block of Margarita Drive. When he couldn't get in, Dominic ran further into the complex, where he was overtaken by his attackers, police said.

They stabbed him several times and then ran away.

A witness described the attackers as three short-haired 15- or 16-year-old Hispanic males who weighed about 150 pounds and ranged in height from 5 feet 7 inches to 6 feet 1 inch.

Corona police said they don't know what prompted the attack and have no evidence to indicate whether the killing was racially motivated or had any connection to Centennial High School. However, Centennial High School has had a recent history of racial strife. Last year, the school was locked down in March and a dozen students were arrested after a lunchtime brawl between black and Hispanic students.

On Thursday, several parents and students said racial tensions at the school have been heating up again in recent weeks with a fight between some black and Hispanic students in the campus quad. Rumors about racial violence have circulated, prompting some black students to stay home on Cinco de Mayo out of fear that they would be targeted by Hispanic gangs, said Mary Foster, whose 15-year-old nephews stayed home that day.

There had been rumors for several weeks that racial tensions were continuing to build.

"We've known for a couple weeks that someone was going to get jumped, I just didn't think that they would kill somebody," said Mr. Pike, the assistant superintendent, who also said he is aware that racial and gang problems are present in the community, but the Corona-Norco district works hard to keep those issues off campus.

"We haven't been perfect," Pike said. "We continue to work on campus safety, kids getting along."

Dominic lived with his mother in an older central-Corona neighborhood of apartments, condominiums and single-story homes.

Centennial student Rachel Porties, 18, who joined a cluster of students grieving outside Dominic's home Thursday, said there is a sense of danger in the neighborhood where Dominic lived "probably because he's black. This neighborhood is all Mexican people. There's a lot of tension between black and Mexican people."

http://www.tightrope.cc/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=57

But now.....

Howard Beach 'bias' attack

Accused bat-wielding thug arraigned on hate crime charge

"STAFF AND NEWS SERVICE REPORTS

Glenn Moore, who was beaten with a baseball bat.

Click here for earlier story
    A white teenager was charged with a hate crime Thursday for allegedly beating a black man with a baseball bat in a neighborhood that became infamous for a fatal racial confrontation two decades ago.

Police said Nicholas Minucci, 19, had confessed to the attack, which happened early Wednesday in the Howard Beach section of Queens and left the victim in critical condition with a fractured skull.

Minucci was charged with assault as a hate crime — punishable by a minimum of eight years in prison — as well as robbery and criminal weapon possession. One of his companions, 22-year-old Anthony Ench, was arrested Thursday and a third was being sought.

Minucci's attorney, Lori Zeno, said the victim, Glen Moore, had tried to rob Minucci and threatened him with a screwdriver. Police said they did not believe Minucci's account.

Two of the three black men told investigators they had been in the neighboring Lindenwood section Wednesday looking for a luxury sedan to steal but then changed their minds when they were spotted by passers-by. They said a white man in a car spotted them and then returned with two friends.

The three white men got out and one threw a metal baseball bat toward the three black men, shouting racial epithets, authorities said. Minucci then attacked Moore with the bat, according to police.

One of Minucci's companions reportedly shouted, "This is what you get if you want to rob white boys," finishing the remark with a racial epithet.

The conflict happened blocks away from where three black men were beaten in 1986 after their car broke down. One of them, 23-year-old Michael Griffith, was killed by a car as he fled. The attack ignited racial tensions and was compared to a lynching by then-Mayor Edward Koch.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Thursday that the city has "zero tolerance" for hate crimes.

"I think if you look today, this city has learned a lesson, pulled together and is not going to let anybody tear us apart," Bloomberg said.

Assistant District Attorney Brian Kohm said Minucci admitted the crime in written and videotaped confessions.

Moore's sneakers and the bat believed to have been used in the attack were found in the SUV driven by Minucci, authorities said.

"This crime is a rather heinous, violent hate crime," Kohm said at Minucci's arraignment in Queens Criminal Court.

Moore, 20, was in critical but stable condition at Jamaica Hospital.

Civil rights leader Al Sharpton, who visited Moore at the hospital Thursday, said he planned to march in Howard Beach in coming days. "

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/323933p-276884c.html

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm serious as a heart attack.

Somebody has to do SOMETHING bruthaz, we just can't sit back and allow this to get out of hand.

I don't give a d*amn what you claim to believe or what religion you profess, self preservation is the first law of nature.

You can't tell me about us being so loving and understanding of other people that it's not in our nature to engage in mob violence or vigilanteism like white men; because we do it to eachother every day.

You can't drive down the street and hit a little black baby on a bike without the entire neighborhood trying to snatch you out the car and pummeling you.

So what's stopping the thousands of black men in these communities who witness these events from fighting back?

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Our solution is simple, to start standing together as a community, and start looking for our community's best interest. We need to police and protect ourselves. We have to stop trying to build coalitions with people that do not share our interest.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Black Men policiing our communities... Regular foot patrols... Car Patrols... We've done it in the past, and must do it again, Black Panther/Deacons for Defense and Social Justice style... Especially in California, where Mexicans think they're the new white folks... We can not, we will not return to the days of Jim Crow, where we could not walk wherever we wanted without fear...

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    Foot patrols and neighborhood watches are all very good ideas that have been used in the past with very good results. What we don't need is a race war!! It hurts innocent people.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161680,00.html

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — A homeless ex-convict accused of killing a 56-year-old woman in a parking garage near a suburban mall told police that he was fighting a race war and killed her because she was white.

The man, Phillip Grant, 43, appeared at a court hearing Tuesday in shackles and a bulletproof vest. In a 45-minute videotape played during the hearing, Grant told police, "All I knew was she had blond hair and blue eyes and she had to die."

Grant, who is black, claimed Connie Russo-Carriero (search) "was not an innocent victim — because she was white."

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Yeah, I heard about this, Indya... Shades of Colin Ferguson!!!

Well, we've been telling these folks for a few that it's all about Post Traumatic Slavery Syndrome... They know more about it than we do, though, so that's why it falls on deaf ears... :?:

Peace!
    Isaiah

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't know about you guys, but I haven't really heard or seen anything that would make me think that I (or any other black man) was under attack by hispanic people, except for in the media. And I live in the Los Angeles area.

8. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

I am sure that since this post things have changed. I subscribe to the LA Sentinel and also follow posts on some African student websites which weekly follow up aricles dealing with what appears to be open season on Black MEN (and youth) In southern California especially.