Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
The American Cancer Society guideline to begin screening African-American men at an earlier age than other races is appropriate, according to a new study in the December 2003 issue of the International Journal of Radiation Oncology·Biology·Physics, the official journal of ASTRO, the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology.

In 2002, adenocarcinoma of the prostate was the most common cancer diagnosed in men. As the incidence of prostate cancer has increased, so has the difference in diagnosis rates between Caucasians and African-Americans. Additionally, the mortality rate of African-Americans is double that of Caucasians.

Click Here To Read The Entire Article:

Black Men Should Be Screened for Prostate Cancer at Younger Age

Take care of yourself Brothers.

:heart:

Destee

MANASIAC said:
I think You should be screened for protsate cancer in yours 20's and every decade thereafter.

Good suggestion Mansiac, because I have heard people say that 40 is the right age, but if it so common in men, then why not do it at a younger age?

There might be a study saying that Prostate Cancer is human in younger men, and you and Destee should get some credit for that.

Cedric Denson

This is some very vital information that i think needs to be shared. I recently had my first one and let me tell you it wasn't a pretty picture.

Brothers get it done so we can increase our life spans by ending one less problem. One thing you have to give our white counter parts is they go to the doctor more often and that is something that we as a nation need to do.

Godssoulja said:
This is some very vital information that i think needs to be shared. I recently had my first one and let me tell you it wasn't a pretty picture.

Brothers get it done so we can increase our life spans by ending one less problem. One thing you have to give our white counter parts is they go to the doctor more often and that is something that we as a nation need to do.

I think more blacks would go to the doctor if they had easier access to health insurance. Many people don't have the money to be sick.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back