Gun Ownership : Black Men Openly Carrying a Gun in a Holster Will End Racial Profiling in America

they do not in my town... same answer. because nearly everyone in a certain age demographic carries.
the only time which they do is when it was previously described.
and since for the decade in which I been there, and openly carried there... that situation never came up.
There are no stop and identify laws in NC, they can only stop you for suspicious behavior or possibility of committing a crime, 911 calls, but all others is consensual conversation. But asking for ID? you don't need to for that there, but if they did get a 911 call, then you do, because then its an investigation which has its own set of laws.

No there was another. I'll look it up.

Good deal, good luck, hope you find it ...

Meanwhile, open-carry acts as a deterrent against racial profiling since it identifies the carrier as a non-criminal element or threat to police. Regardless of the State, stiff qualifications must be meet for constitutional rights to carry firearms openly in holsters:

Prohibited persons
People prohibited by law from carrying a firearm. Typical examples are felons, those convicted of a misdemeanor of domestic violence, those found to be addicted to alcohol or drugs, and those who have been involuntarily committed to a mental institution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry_in_the_United_States

911 call - need to show ID
no 911 call - no need to show ID

Got it

So if you ask them if they got a 911 call, and they say no... then you don't have to show ID/permit, etc
Exactly, many will literally express it if there was a call.

Especially since now the supreme court made their ignorance of the law as an issue to not throw out evidence as they did in a previous case.

And again... It's the people's prejudices in the area. In mine a person carrying is not really a cause for alarm, but in an area which racists play scared and call them on 'suspicious' and 'armed' individuals, then that's all they need to act the *****

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back