Gun Ownership : Black Men Openly Carrying a Gun in a Holster Will End Racial Profiling in America

Deacs

Reaction score
I already told you... that is depending on your area and culture of your town... they do not harass for open carry in mine.

Deacs

Reaction score
they do not in my town... same answer. because nearly everyone in a certain age demographic carries.
the only time which they do is when it was previously described.
and since for the decade in which I been there, and openly carried there... that situation never came up.
There are no stop and identify laws in NC, they can only stop you for suspicious behavior or possibility of committing a crime, 911 calls, but all others is consensual conversation. But asking for ID? you don't need to for that there, but if they did get a 911 call, then you do, because then its an investigation which has its own set of laws.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Reaction score
No there was another. I'll look it up.

Good deal, good luck, hope you find it ...

Meanwhile, open-carry acts as a deterrent against racial profiling since it identifies the carrier as a non-criminal element or threat to police. Regardless of the State, stiff qualifications must be meet for constitutional rights to carry firearms openly in holsters:

Prohibited persons
People prohibited by law from carrying a firearm. Typical examples are felons, those convicted of a misdemeanor of domestic violence, those found to be addicted to alcohol or drugs, and those who have been involuntarily committed to a mental institution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry_in_the_United_States

Deacs

Reaction score
911 call - need to show ID
no 911 call - no need to show ID

Got it

So if you ask them if they got a 911 call, and they say no... then you don't have to show ID/permit, etc
Exactly, many will literally express it if there was a call.

Especially since now the supreme court made their ignorance of the law as an issue to not throw out evidence as they did in a previous case.

And again... It's the people's prejudices in the area. In mine a person carrying is not really a cause for alarm, but in an area which racists play scared and call them on 'suspicious' and 'armed' individuals, then that's all they need to act the *****

Deacs

Reaction score
Literally... It's Ohio...

And I say this because the culture around guns and minorities are slightly different.

Plus.... It's Ohio. Other than the state run truck stops there is nothing redeemable about the state... they are literally 5 IQ points above Kansas

Deacs

Reaction score
Other than
- removing racist mutants from integrating in neighborhoods
- hiring unbiased police for the community
- better cultural based training for officers
- community leaders and police working together more closely
- the NRA having membership drives (it does wonders if you want your community desensitized to gun ownership.. plus cheap bullets)

Not much... crappy police will always give you crappy results

Deacs

Reaction score
Yes.. for one, everyone needs to be acclimated of seeing blacks with legal firearms. They need to be used to seeing blacks open carrying firearms.

Other than racist rhetoric, the only other time they see blacks with firearms it's automatically stereotyped as criminal or suspicious behavior. So you must change the paradigm.

Remember I told you most of the issues one deals with in their home is the culture of the area. I am not saying my area doesn't have to deal with racism, but gun culture is prevalent here.

Plus in Ohio, the citizens have to police their police department... like NYPD they are like an occupying military force rather than the authority. You have to remove the sheer overpowering number of racists or accidentally racist cops there

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Reaction score

chuck

Reaction score
More PIPE DREAM stuff...never gonna happen.
It seems and sounds as though some who refer to the legacy of the Black Panthers etc. choose to forget to tell the rest of the story: I. e., either as regards how the people themselves had to raise money to bail folks out of jail, an/or one black community who were glad to be ride of them, after the MOVE era, over in Philly..

chuck

Reaction score
Yes.. for one, everyone needs to be acclimated of seeing blacks with legal firearms. They need to be used to seeing blacks open carrying firearms.

Other than racist rhetoric, the only other time they see blacks with firearms it's automatically stereotyped as criminal or suspicious behavior. So you must change the paradigm.

Remember I told you most of the issues one deals with in their home is the culture of the area. I am not saying my area doesn't have to deal with racism, but gun culture is prevalent here.

Plus in Ohio, the citizens have to police their police department... like NYPD they are like an occupying military force rather than the authority. You have to remove the sheer overpowering number of racists or accidentally racist cops there
What was and is so ironic: Some here-- repeat the same ole rhretoric-- as though we of that (sixties) generation have lost our minds-- can and will be no more than part of your cheering section-- ad naseum..

Instead, I don't find many--if any at all--who are for what the young black posters in NYC need--and others want--reform of this nations laws etc., not a race war!

FYI