Black Men : Black Men I need your help on this one

ellen covington

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 18, 2013
brooklyn ny
Occupation
community leader
I am a single college educated mother of two with traditional ideas. I do not work I stay home and keep my children well rounded both doing great in school, although I do cleaning jobs to stay a float when necessary. I met a guy about four years ago. He makes plans with me and says he wants to get married. He lives in New Jersey and I in New York. He comes to visit me twice a month. I feel that by now we should have moved on a little but we are still in separate homes. I do have a very complicated past that he is aware of but he says he accepts it. Is he just taking me for a ride or is it possible he is just moving slow and cautious due to my past?

I am a single college educated mother of two with traditional ideas. I do not work I stay home and keep my children well rounded both doing great in school, although I do cleaning jobs to stay a float when necessary. I met a guy about four years ago. He makes plans with me and says he wants to get married. He lives in New Jersey and I in New York. He comes to visit me twice a month. I feel that by now we should have moved on a little but we are still in separate homes. I do have a very complicated past that he is aware of but he says he accepts it. Is he just taking me for a ride or is it possible he is just moving slow and cautious due to my past?
you going to have to ask him. you got to talk. tell him how you feel.

i'm sure you will get numerous opinions on line in a few but none of them will be of value.

Hello, and thanks for asking for our input. As you will hear, in many different ways, you will have to be the best judge of this. It can be both, or it can be neither but something entirely different. As brutha James said, you will have to ask him. You, and he will have to see where each other is at, and determine where you two a going, hopefully it's in the same direction. If's it's not in the same direction, then you are going to have to do some thinking and decision making.

Much luv and respect sista...

Peace!

Did you say FOUR YEARS ? Tell me you didn't say FOUR YEARS!???....Stop Playin....Did you really say FOUR YEARS???....and you can't figure this out yet???....Stop Playin!!!

Did you say FOUR YEARS ? Tell me you didn't say FOUR YEARS!???....Stop Playin....Did you really say FOUR YEARS???....and you can't figure this out yet???....Stop Playin!!!
Thank you for your response I do appreciate your honesty. This is what he said about it when I asked him

"Well it hasn't been a consistent four years the past has me a little cautious school is a priority with me and until recently I feel we've been getting along that sums it up"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back