Black People Politics : Black Men for Bernie

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
black-men-for-bernie-logo-e1458752394116.png

If you actively participate in America's voting process and support Bernie Sanders, you might find this interesting if you're not already aware of it. The following quote is from the "Black Men for Bernie" website. Check it out. I saw an interview with the leading spokesperson for the first time today on The Young Turks and it reminded me why I love Black men.

"Black Men For Bernie is a call to action for black men to come together, join the fight with others, and take responsibility for their families and communities, at large, by having a seat at the table.

If we do not begin to take action and stand firm with individuals willing to fight for our rights, individuals like Bernie Sanders, Hillary becomes the result; someone who would rather do the Nae Nae to get your vote, than tackle issues destroying black families across the nation. When children are murdered or simply not educated, it is too often the mother or grandmother having to stand up for them.

While America has over-time continually mistreated and abused blacks (African Americans) — both men and women, many young black men are being systematically uneducated, brainwashed by intentionally created illusions, and led to dead-ends that don’t sustain our diverse families and communities. To make matters worse, unfortunate cases of black politicians, pastors, and absentee fathers continue to decimate our collective ability to thrive with greed, violation of trust and selfishness.

Black Men For Bernie is the first call to action that will happen through ‘Black Men For’. We support Bernie because of his long history of fighting for social justice as it relates to race and equality, two issues that incredibly effect everyone. We can not truly become an inclusive nation without an immense amount of change."

Whether you agree with this or not doesn't matter to me. It's all good. But what does matter is that I am witnessing in our lifetime, Black people--Black men and boys--coming together and standing up for what they believe in to help themselves and their communities. This is debunking the myths and stereotypes that Black men are nothing but violent, over-sexualized individuals that are lazy, passively sitting by and doing nothing, never taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and help their families, or being leaders making the effort to control their destiny and change the way we live in America, for the better.

True, the system may not always work for us and it may be riddled with fraud and smoke and mirrors, but if you don't at least try, and voting is just one way of trying, then nothing will ever change for the broader Black community and as individuals, we then lose all rights to complain.

black-men-for-bernie-logo-e1458752394116.png

If you actively participate in America's voting process and support Bernie Sanders, you might find this interesting if you're not already aware of it. The following quote is from the "Black Men for Bernie" website. Check it out. I saw an interview with the leading spokesperson for the first time today on The Young Turks and it reminded me why I love Black men.

"Black Men For Bernie is a call to action for black men to come together, join the fight with others, and take responsibility for their families and communities, at large, by having a seat at the table.

If we do not begin to take action and stand firm with individuals willing to fight for our rights, individuals like Bernie Sanders, Hillary becomes the result; someone who would rather do the Nae Nae to get your vote, than tackle issues destroying black families across the nation. When children are murdered or simply not educated, it is too often the mother or grandmother having to stand up for them.

While America has over-time continually mistreated and abused blacks (African Americans) — both men and women, many young black men are being systematically uneducated, brainwashed by intentionally created illusions, and led to dead-ends that don’t sustain our diverse families and communities. To make matters worse, unfortunate cases of black politicians, pastors, and absentee fathers continue to decimate our collective ability to thrive with greed, violation of trust and selfishness.

Black Men For Bernie is the first call to action that will happen through ‘Black Men For’. We support Bernie because of his long history of fighting for social justice as it relates to race and equality, two issues that incredibly effect everyone. We can not truly become an inclusive nation without an immense amount of change."

Whether you agree with this or not doesn't matter to me. It's all good. But what does matter is that I am witnessing in our lifetime, Black people--Black men and boys--coming together and standing up for what they believe in to help themselves and their communities. This is debunking the myths and stereotypes that Black men are nothing but violent, over-sexualized individuals that are lazy, passively sitting by and doing nothing, never taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and help their families, or being leaders making the effort to control their destiny and change the way we live in America, for the better.

True, the system may not always work for us and it may be riddled with fraud and smoke and mirrors, but if you don't at least try, and voting is just one way of trying, then nothing will ever change for the broader Black community and as individuals, we then lose all rights to complain.

Thanks ... good looking out.

Its all about grassroots now, we have no national leadership:

A new black think tank could boost African-Americans across Texas

Of all the tremendous strides this city’s lone historically black college has made in recent years – and you need a scoreboard to keep up – its latest step may be its greatest yet ...

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...ld-boost-african-americans-across-texas.html/

PQCWeOverMe.jpg

Paul Quinn College President Michael Sorrell has been at the center of the school’s resurgence. (2014 File Photo/Rex C. Curry)

i am not hopefull......

My heart sinks and enthusiasm wanes when I see you think like this, Bro. James. :11300:You are an elder and have a lot of wisdom that you share with us every day. Your comments keep us focused on the issues that has the potential of drawing us closer together as a people. Why are you not hopeful? I'm closer to your generation and as angry, frustrated and radical thinking that I get some times, it's things like this that give me hope. Am I being naive or unrealistic?

What do your many years of experience tell you that we need to hear and learn?

Me Too, Queen.

My heart sinks and enthusiasm wanes when I see you think like this, Bro. James. :11300:You are an elder and have a lot of wisdom that you share with us every day. Your comments keep us focused on the issues that has the potential of drawing us closer together as a people. Why are you not hopeful? I'm closer to your generation and as angry, frustrated and radical thinking that I get some times, it's things like this that give me hope. Am I being naive or unrealistic?

What do your many years of experience tell you that we need to hear and learn?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back