Black People Politics : Black Men for Bernie

Thanks ... good looking out.

Its all about grassroots now, we have no national leadership:

A new black think tank could boost African-Americans across Texas

Of all the tremendous strides this city’s lone historically black college has made in recent years – and you need a scoreboard to keep up – its latest step may be its greatest yet ...

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...ld-boost-african-americans-across-texas.html/

PQCWeOverMe.jpg

Paul Quinn College President Michael Sorrell has been at the center of the school’s resurgence. (2014 File Photo/Rex C. Curry)

I love the idea, Bro. Clyde, but I have to admit, I am a skeptic whenever I see that elected officials will be involved in anything that is supposed to improve the quality of life for grass roots citizens locally, statewide or nationally.

I honestly don't see how African Americans will make significant progress as long as there's money in politics that corrupt or tempt politicians. We have to do more than talk the talk. We need direct action, we need members of the community sitting at the table along with university and political officials. Our voices should not be shut out of the conversation or left unheard or heeded. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of people with letters behind their names giving the people what THEY think we need.

Don't get me wrong...I think this is a worthy effort...but all conversations must include cleaning up a "dirty" political process and destroying a biased government that leans toward the wealthy and contributes to the destruction of the middle class and turns their backs on the poorest among us. We need a revolution, not people in higher education doing more studies on urban city dwellers and collecting more data and telling us what we already know by the simple fact that we live in this mess every day.

Until we start walking the talk that includes ALL of us, this might be business as usual, although some people's hearts are in the right place.

I love the idea, Bro. Clyde, but I have to admit, I get am a skeptic whenever I see that elected officials will be involved in anything that is supposed to improve the quality of life for grass roots citizens locally, statewide or nationally.

I honestly don't see how African Americans will make significant progress as long as there's money in politics that corrupt or tempt politicians. We have to do more than talk the talk. We need direct action, we need members of the community sitting at the table along with university and political officials. Our voices should not be shut out of the conversation or left unheard or heeded. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of people with letters behind their names giving the people what THEY think we need.

Don't get me wrong...I think this is a worthy effort...but all conversations must include cleaning up a "dirty" political process and destroying a biased government that leans toward the wealthy and contributes to the destruction of the middle class and turns their backs on the poorest among us. We need a revolution, not people in higher education doing more studies on urban city dwellers and collecting more data and telling us what we already know by the simple fact that we live in this mess every day.

Until we start walking the talk that includes ALL of us, this might be business as usual, although some people's hearts are in the right place.

If you don't know it, know this, I follow you completely, always have and always will, cause you been making lots of sense for years around here.

Our fight occurs on all planes, its wide and broad and never ending till its over, got it?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back