Health and Wellness : Black men continue to lead in hypertension statistics

For more info about health disparities and what you can do to prevent...preventable diseases check out..
Center For Disease Control...
Thanks,
teachthechildren

img-cdcTaglineHeader.png

About 1 in 3 U.S. adults—as estimated 68 million—have high blood pressure1, which increases the risk for heart disease and stroke, leading causes of death in the United States.2
High blood pressure is called the "silent killer" because it often has no warning signs or symptoms, and many people don't realize they have it. That's why it's important to get your blood pressure checked regularly.
The good news is that you can take steps to prevent high blood pressure, or to treat it if it is already high.

http://www.cdc.gov/

Destee,
Thank you sis for posting this info.I specifically logged on to submit some info about hypertension. Just wanted to enourage everyone to start small. Visit the doctor,add more fruits and vegtables to your diet and walk at least 30-45 min a day,reduce your salt intake and its that simple..Your on your way to a healthier life. Just wanted to add that I am on this journey as well for myself, and am encouraging our people to do the same.

:hello: teachthechildren ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

Great information you've included above, and i appreciate the encouragement!

Please make yourself right at home!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

These statistics are serious for these chronic diseases. Here in the Caribbean and in Barbados it is a serious problem. The eating habits of blacks must be changed. Our attituded must change.

I visited the supermarket last week and a black brother was telling the cashier how he suffers from diabetes and high blood pressure. The girl asked him if he is taking his medication...He said gurl I don't pay that kinda thing any attention. When I feel like it I take the medication.:(She said you know you must stop with the drinking... he said I only drink

How is the work for public health workers there? Im wanting to do work in other locations outside of the states...Post a wwbsite if you can for work in this area.

:hello: teachthechildren ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

Great information you've included above, and i appreciate the encouragement!

Please make yourself right at home!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee
Thank you sis! Thank you for allowing us this space to interact and exchange thoughts and Ideas!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back