Black MEN - BROTHERS - Warriors

OmowaleX

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 23, 2002
Aztlan
Occupation
Educator
What is the specific purpose of these threads? Is it to build BROTHERHOOD? I ask this because in review of the numerous topics in this section there seem to be a number of topics which should actually be in the RELATIONSHIP section. And it also seems as if there are a hnadful of women who continually post in this section to SQUASH dialogue between BROTHERS. Even to the topic of openly stating they dont care or dont want to hear certain perspectives coming from BROTHERS. Whats the deal?

OmowaleX said:
What is the specific purpose of these threads? Is it to build BROTHERHOOD? I ask this because in review of the numerous topics in this section there seem to be a number of topics which should actually be in the RELATIONSHIP section. And it also seems as if there are a hnadful of women who continually post in this section to SQUASH dialogue between BROTHERS. Even to the topic of openly stating they dont care or dont want to hear certain perspectives coming from BROTHERS. Whats the deal?

Brother Omowale ... the specific purpose of this forum, is the same for this entire community, a place where we can all commune together, peacefully and respectfully. Regarding this forum specifically ... for me ... it's been a wonderful peek into the minds and Spirits of my Brothers. I have felt so very honored that Brothers would come here, convene and share together, leaving a written map for those present, as well as those yet to come. A map that can be continually added to, revised, improved upon as each adds their say. Yes, it's an honor for me. A wonderful opportunity to dialogue with Brothers! Please. That's a very wonderful thing! To ask you all questions, and receive answers in a way that i've never been able to do before ... not with so many wonderful responses provided, from Brothers all around the world. That's what it is for me, and it's my hope that it is as wonderful for everyone else.

Of course it will vary, being one thing to some, and another thing to others. With so many different personalities, opinions, Spirits, so much diversity within us ... all flowing freely, fluctuating often ... we're liable to be something different at any given moment. Ask me this again when i'm fussing at someone ... :wink:

The Sisters and Brothers Forums were never intended to keep Sisters or Brothers from posting in / to each others forum. We are free to communicate freely throughout this community. If a Member can see a thread, read it, then they are welcome to respond. It's always been this way. I know it's a challenge sometimes, and would probably be easier if we designated folk to their respective areas ... but ... nobody said it would be easy, and it's absolutely necessary (that we communicate). I consider it a blessing, the coming together of Sisters and Brothers in this community, in every forum. We're gonna just hafta put up with each other, love each other, work it out, resolve it, so we can move on to the next level. As soon as each of us knows to do better, and begins manifesting that, the challenges will be less. I'm confident we'll get there. :)

Yeah ... there probably are some relationship threads, and maybe even others, that belong in different forums. That's my fault. I be think'n i'm gonna get around to doing every thing that needs doing ... like moving threads that aint in the rite place ... and i am ... i gotta ... i will ... i promise ... :look:

Brother O ... now you know if you have a complaint against a Member, just post it in the Violations Forum. You gotta name names, and point directly to the violations or disruptive stuff you think is going on. I can't really address your complaints, or give those accused the opportunity to defend themselves, unless you do that.

I want this forum, this community, to be all that our Creator and Ancestors would have it be.

I was finna ask what is this forum to you ... :eeek: ... but i think you told me ... :love:

:heart:

Destee

To be honest brother O lately I'm feeling a bit of survivor's guilt.

I've seen brothers systematically get bounced up out of here, and it seems it's only those of us who show extreme UNWAVERING deference that aren't ushered out.

Even though we have a thread about the high percentages of black males in prison, I'm wondering whether this forum itself is a reflection of the U.S. justice system.

Sometimes I come and just read through old threads, and I'm seeing so much wisdom coming from so many brothers who have banned next to their names.

It makes me sad at times, angry at others.

I don't think brothers here act any more or less in control than sisters but for whatever reason we are banned in dispoportionate numbers...dealt with not much different here than we are dealt with by the gubment.

The ironic thing is if you go look at the list of premium members you find its disporportionately BROTHERS who are contributing their dollars to support the site.

That's what I mean about this survivor's guilt... Am I willing to sell out my own voice to keep from joining the ranks of contributing brothers who were bounced out of here?

Or do I stand up to the constant attacks on black men coming from the resident haters....

Honestly I'm real close to concluding it's not worth it.

A brother will defend and protect what he considers his own but once you shift your categorization of a place from home to something else then you're prone to just sit back and let it be.

Brother Kemetkind,

This is why despite problems we have had in the past there are some things we need to keep in FOCUS.

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=379351&postcount=5

Peace..

I was reading an article in the Dallas Morning News today which stated that graduation rates for Black students in DISD were about 80% to 81.5% for whites. This is closer than I thought which means there is some hope out there. Even if test scores are much lower on the TAKS. We know the flaw there is in the system and Black kids here are getting through somehow. I think its time for me to get back out there and get active with these youth. Otherwise I may lose my mind!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back