Black Relationships : Black men are exempt and Sisters are the problem

so what really is the role of the black man? is it to protect and provide leadership within our community?
if that is the role of the black man then a lot of these 'gender war' issues resolve themselves.

Here is the problem. If one argues (not speaking of you or anyone else who has posted here yet) that our ancient Pharaohs, the pyramid builders, etc were ALL Black women, as well as Rites of Passage being conducted by Black women, how then does it fall upon Black men to provide leadership, when these are the traditional roles of Black women?

As if black men do not sleep with many women at a time...as if black men don't have STDs...as if black men don't leave black women to be single mothers.

I would like to hear and see a brother come in here and acknowledge that this isn't a one way street...instead of pointing the finger at black women as if we hold 100% responsibility.

:lol:

I can only guess what brought on this particular gender war topic with moderator's amen. But lets look at it str8 and raw without pandering.

1. BM only do what we are allowed to get away with. Offering free candy with no commtment is an accident waiting to happen. Moreover, there was a past study done by a sister going for her PhD, ( yeah, me and my dang studies ;) ), which you agreed with in another thread. Too many of you date/mate with guys you know are losers. Allowing them to have unprotected sex with you is directly on you! Girls want to have fun too. I understand. But not protecting yourself when you are with a loser is YOUR fault.

2. Males dont get pregnant. And overwhelmingly we dont bond with you or a child. Thus, you will get left if you dont protect yourself in the clinches. Please answer why so many sisters dont protect themselves in the clinches. Now, there is another study that shows, if we know about it, we dont abandon our kids. (BM) I posted in the relationship forum a while back. Please review.

The one way street comes in when so many of you want to go bitter betty for dating/mating with a guy you know is a loser. You bring satan into your life. How is that my fault? Better yet, why do you ( metaphorically ) seem to be asking for a girl pass? You did this 100%

so what really is the role of the black man? is it to protect and provide leadership within our community?
if that is the role of the black man then a lot of these 'gender war' issues resolve themselves.

Good questions..

The Gender War, in my opinion, emanates from a deep-seeded pain and resentment. And if you listen to the Gender War people talk long enough, they will reveal the source of their personal pain and resentment to you.

Regarding the role of the Blackman.. and to apply the "we are one single thing" principle, I would say that the role of black man is essentially the same as the role of the black woman. I recognize no lines of separation whatsoever, we each should do what we have the capacity to do.. so I don't think "role" is the major issue.. I see the major question before African descended men and women is, "To what end?". To what end are you striving? To what end are you educating? To what end are you living? etc... Once the questions of purpose and intention are solidly answered, understood and folded into the lives of people, then everything else falls into place.

I think the idea of "role" has conflict and division hidden in its foundation. We are an improvisational people and our challenge is learning to improvise together.

-Peace

As if black men do not sleep with many women at a time...as if black men don't have STDs...as if black men don't leave black women to be single mothers.

I would like to hear and see a brother come in here and acknowledge that this isn't a one way street...instead of pointing the finger at black women as if we hold 100% responsibility.

peace

No, of course it's not a one way street and i, for one have never pointed the finger at the black woman, nor condemned her for how she reacts to the apparent lack of support from her black man....

It's interesting to me how all of this is coming together at this time. Meaning, the threads that are being prompted by 'thought' that are all interelated over the last week or so..

Even this thread here, if we honestly get to the crux of the matter will eventually take us back to what some used to call 'ham', but we know it better today as Kmt...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back