Black Women : black men are changing

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by kyecee, Dec 3, 2004.

1. kyecee

kyecee Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    hi i'm a frensh black lady.Don't you see that black men are changing?
    I'm with a black man from Niger and he's very romantic. all my friends said to me to not be with him but today they regret what they said.
    do you notice that?
    hope you answer me and hello for every sistas

:luvv:

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hello Kyecee :wave: And Welcome to Destee's!

I'm not so sure if Black men are changing. I think it is people who are changing their veiws of the Black man. I Believe Black men have always been caring, romantic and Strong spirits. It is society who have painted my men in a negative light. Making them all seem thugish, lazy, irresponsible, and unreliable. Of course in every race their are men who contribute to that way of thinking.

Again I would like to welcome you to the site! I hope you enjoy the dialect here and participate in more of the discussions. Also, Please consider becomming a Premium Member. This is a community where the community supports itself. Looking forward to reading more from you!

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I agree Purple!

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hey kyecee!

Sistah, I am here to welcome you to the Destee Family! Your first post was a good one, but I am sure the teachers' views are as good as mine.

Well, I look forward to reading your future posts, and make yourself at home.

Cedric Denson

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Greetings Sister Kyecee and welcome! Congratulations on your successful relationship and thank you for sharing with us. I agree with others that I don't think that Black men are changing from a general point of view. But if opinions of the Black man is improving around the world, then that's a good thing.

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    :wave: Hello and Welcome Sister Kyecee :wave:

I too agree with Sister Purple ... we've always seen great things in our Black Men.

Very happy for you and your relationship. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sister Kyecee ... are you in France now? If not, what part of the world do you currently reside?

Please make yourself at home here, because you are.

Much Love, Peace, and Continued Happiness Sister!

:heart:

Destee

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Although I am happy for sister Keycee and her new boyfriend, this thread is another example of the constant stereotypes which black males find themselves facing. Not from white communities (which is to be expected), the black man is considered irresponsible, uncaring, and unloving within his "own" community...to his "own" female counter parts! That is sad! Those who do not match this description are thought of as the exception to the rule, yet the validity of the stereotype is rarely questioned. How are we to prosper if we believe the worst about ourselves?

8. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    everything changes...constantly

Welcome Sister kyecee.

I also agree with Sister PurpleMoons, we are no different when it comes to love and caring as our loving ancestors were, but many Black men are changing in a multitude of areas, ...some good, some bad..., for we must change to meet the challenges and the opportunities of life, even if it involves rescuing and securing our relationships with our spiritual counterpart (Black women).

WITH THAT SAID...

Black men have always been a powerful emotional and erotic force for the world to reckon with, especially in a white patriarchal-driven society, that’s why our natural passions have been propagandized as animalistic and brutish, for this was done to mask the lack of natural compassions and the self-prescribed sexual inadequacies of white men.

Sister kyecee, your statement is somewhat loaded.

We have changed, as compare to what standard of passion or romance?

If your friends didn’t want you to be involved with a Black man than who’s suppose to be better or your equal or more preferred?

You must remember that the conception of romance, in Euro-society was the European males way of making up for a lack innate lyricism and/or natural compassion, in light of what he saw in the “non-European” African and Asiatic world.

Remember, White Knights in shining armor were usually thuggish mercenaries who raped more than loved.

So it is not what the world think of us, I say “the hell with the opinions of others”… it is what the world can no longer refuse to realize…the Black man is an unyielding, positive and pleasurable presence in the earth.

Ashe,

Brother Sun Ship

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    I got a "thrill" when I read this! :terrific:

Queenie :spinstar:

10. kyecee

kyecee Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm living in france(i was born in).
    i want to thank all members to receive me.
    i'm so happy to see that you think that black men are great.