Black Short Stories : Black Man's Revenge

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by $$BEAUTY$$, Sep 19, 2006.

1. $$BEAUTY$$

$$BEAUTY$$ Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    "You sitting here looking at me and I'm sitting here wondering why the hell I haven't left your sorry behind years ago. I stayed with you because I wanted to make things work. You know people say black men can't commit? It's females like you that make us this way."

Jarell stared at himself in the mirror. He knew better than anyone that he would never be able to say those exact words to Latessa. She would find a way to touch him just right and he would become a stuttering rambling fool. There wasn't a day that didn't go by that the forgot to spend hundreds of dollars, he didn't have, on her ten dollar behind. Maybe he had low self-esteem, maybe he was just crazy. although Latessa wasn't the classiest woman in the world, a lot of men would love for her to be on their arms. On a scale from one to ten she was a perfect twenty. Just being with her in public made Jarell feel like he was the man.

Because of his size, he didn't get many looks from women. He wasn't muscular and suave like some of his friends. He was chubby and meek two things that made him Latessa's footstool. The door to his apartment slammed, and jarell shook himself back to reality. Latessa stood in the hallway her blue satin dress snuggled her curves.

"You would think after two long years a brother would know what time his woman gets off work." she scowled.
    all this time jarell had forgotten to pick her up. He knew what was in store for him and was ready to take it like a man. Just as he suspected Latessa wore his ear drum out with curses.
    "And that's all I have to say." she closed her sentence.
    that was one thing Jarell was happy to hear her say.
    "Now I know you recognize a sista needs money on the light bill," she held out her hand.
    Jarell was happy a knock came to the door.
    he whipped open the door, only to see his best homeboys a the other end.
    "Yo what is up my........" Monty stopped short when he realized Latessa was present.
    "I mean 'sup," Monty looked away from Latessa's gaze"
    "Mannnn It's a wild Par-tay tonight down at Mookie's, you coming dog." Freddie spoke up.
    Monty and Jarell just looked at each other, knowing what was about to happen.
    "No he is not coming..dog." Latessa spoke up.
    "I wasn't talking to you B---" Freddie was cut off.
    "hold up man you can't be dissin' my girl like that." Jarell spoke up.
    "I call um like I see um. You need to check that rachette and stop letting her run ya life grow some guts fool." freddie said.
    now jarell knew why they called him crazy fred. He always spoke what was on his mind, but this time he had gone a little to far.
    "Look fool, just cuz you don't want to be nothing don't come in here telling my man what he needs to do..." Latessa snarled.
    "Why don't you go ly on ya back, you seem to be good at that. You not even allowed to speak to me. matter of fact bark....ya trick." Freddie yelled.
    "Enough," Jarell yelled to the top of his lungs. "Look homie you trippin and i'ma catch you later. I got to get to work...it's what real men do." Jarell wisked away to the bathroom. For two years he had been listening to Latessa and his friends and family go at each other's throats. He never thought that maybe it was her and not them. He always took her side, in his mind she was a prize one that he had finally one and was going to hold on to. He had known freddie since they were babies, but was willing to jeporadize their family like bond for a skirt. He was a sellout, and he knew it. Jarell got ready for work and as he tied his shoes he thought about his relationship with latessa. It was just like his shoe string, dirty and tangled.

###

Jarell had been working at UPS for five years, and now that he was almost twenty-seven he wanted a change of scenary and salary. He had thought about going back to school, but Latessa said only suckers went back to school. Jarell also wanted children, but latessa hated them.

"Well If it ain't Mr. UPS himself." Nichelle smiled.
    Nichelle worked as an accountant in Reman's Department Store.
    she was beautiful, that was something Jarell would never deny. She had hips that made everything she wore look tight, and a behind that sat up perfectly. He could never help staring at her when she turned to walk away. Not only was she Beautiful, but she was classy and intelligent. Jarell never really flirted with her, he knew she would never want someone like him.
    "Good afternoon to you as well." he smiled back.
    "In here, saying good anything is a curse." she laughed.
    Jarell laughed back. Nichelle had a good sense of humor, and wasn't too grown to smile and make jokes.
    "Why you say that," he asked.
    "Well for starters when I got here this morning i was already tired. My four year old got sick last night, and now they want me to turn flips and do reports in ten minutes or less." she said.
    she had a son? that was good to hear at least she liked children.
    "Is he ok, your son." Jarell looked concerned.
    "Yeap, he just had a 24 hour bug, but he's safe at home watching football with his dad."
    jarell's heart dropped. he should have know that a woman like Nichelle was married.
    Jarell had her sign for the package and walked out into the Miami sun. Just his luck all the good women were taken. He had to face the facts, he was stuck with Latessa. He had been with her for two whole years, and she wasn't really that bad.....

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    wow......gotta be another part to this one ........

3. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Ok come on...I was all into reading it and it just ends like that without my man finding any particular resolution? This must be "to be continued". Quite frankly, I don't see where this Black man got his "revenge".

4. $$BEAUTY$$

Ratings:
    +2
    "you a bald faced lie, you tellin me you wouldn't hit that son?" Monty sat cross way on the barstool.
    Jarell wasn't into playing the "would you hit that" game today. All he could think about was latessa. Besides the point freddie wasn't around to keep him laughing, and all of monty's jokes were lame.
    "Look son ima head home, I gotta get up and get on that grind..ya know." Jarell laughed.
    "Well you do that ima bout to get my grind on up in here," Monty walked away.
    truth was Jarell wanted to be home and make things right with latessa. He drove home at eighty miles an hour and eased through the front door. The television was still on and Latessa was nowhere in sight.
    Jarell eased to the bedroom and slid through the door.
    he sat in the chair on the side of the bed and started to undress.

"Hey baby you up?" He said.
    he rubbed Latessa back and leaned down to kiss her.
    to his surprise who he thought was latessa jumped up and in his face.
    "Hold up fool I don't roll like that."
    Freddie? Jarell popped on the light only to find Freddie half naked in the middle of his floor. Freddie's face dropped, and Latessa sat up in bed.
    "Man Dog it aint even much what you think.." Freddie started to expain.
    before he could even finish his whole sentence Jarell's fist landed on the side of his face. Freddie went flying backwards into a chair.
    Jarell couldn't believe that his bestfriend slept with his girl. they where thicker that cold syrup and it didnt come any thicker.

Without words Jarell left and did not look back. All the years he had wasted on her, and now she repayed him by breaking the bond with his boy.
    His mother always said "Pay back was a Mutha"

#

5. Rahim

Rahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51
    wow that was cold blooded on the part of his boy to be sleeping with his girl....he should have whupped his behind some more and threw that no good hussy out of the apartment....

i hope there is a happy ending to this...

this has that Uncle Sam i dont wanna see you again kind of vibe working a lil bit

6. $$BEAUTY$$

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you Knight for that comment....and I thought Dru hill sung that. Lord I'm getting senile at age 22.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    whoaaaaaaa! dude moon lighting with his lady too .
    i want more this getting deep.

8. Key-L

Key-L Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    This story is going crazy. Really ready and waiting for the rest.

9. $$BEAUTY$$

Ratings:
    +2
    Black Man's Revenge (Continued)

He had to clear his mind before he did something irrational. He drove, but his mind was not on the road. It had also not been on his gas hand either. His car slowly putted to a stop. This was just what he needed another problem to add to his dilemma. He jumped out and swore at the car. It was eleven o’clock at night and he was stranded on the side of the road in downtown Louisiana. He flipped open his cell phone and just his luck the battery was dead. He tossed the phone angrily into the middle of the street. he waited until he knew the coast was clear to cross the street. Across the street he could see a florescent light at a twenty four hour tarot card reading place. Those places always creeped him out. Then again he had to use a phone or walk all the way back home in the dead of night.

He trotted up the steps and rang the small door bell a few times. When he didn’t get an answer, he turned to walk away. To his surprise the door behind him popped open. A short black lady that resembled Eartha Kitt stood in the door jam.

“May I help you.” She said in a small voice.

“Um…. I was wondering…..” he couldn’t get his words out.

“If you could use the phone… you really should always keep a full tank of gas.” She smiled.

His mouth hung open for a minute.

“Well son, come along you letting in the mosquitoes. And you know that west nile is going around.” She fussed.
    He quickly stepped into the door. the place was semi-dark and all the lights were floresent.

“Don’t be afraid I don’t bite… unless asked.” The old woman smiled

She had to be in her late seventies, but she still moved like she was a mere twenty years old.

“Yeah I done, did it all in my day.. these old bones aint like they used to be….phones on the left.” She pointed.
    After he used the telephone the old woman spoke up again.

“I can read your fortune for $25… $35 if you over 40.”

“Thanks but I don’t want my fortune read I want revenge.” He started to walk out the door.

“Well why not do it the right way. No traces, no evidence, and no one will ever know what happened.”

The old woman was beginning to scare him.

“I’m talking bout black magic child.” She sneered.

He didn’t believe in all that ho-hum, evil spirits and casting spells bull.
    “I know you don’t believe but I guarantee I can make you a believer.”

“And how is that.” He said more sarcastic than he should have.

“Don’t you take no ill tone with me Benjamin Jarell Gertrude the third” she said his whole name aloud.

By now the skin on the back of his neck was full of goose bumps.

“How did…” he started,

“I know everything about you son. I know you are hurt right now. No just because she slept with your best friend, but because you loved her.”

His mouth was too wide, and his jaw was locked.

“I want everyone to see just how ugly she is, I want him to suffer like he never suffered before.” Jarell could feel tears at the peak of his eye lid.

The old woman did not say another word she went over to a drawer and pulled out a small package.

“I want you to take this here candle and bury it deep in the woods, there’s some salt in the bag to sprinkle around the place where you bury it. The red candle is for you to light, burn it all night. If you mess up things might not go as planned.”

Jarell stared at her for a moment, and then thought about it was his last hope to get his sweet revenge. He could at least play into the crazy old woman’s game. He turned to walk out…. “That’ll be 29.99 plus tax.” She scolded.
    He paid her what was due to her and walked out the door.
    “by the way your cars working just fine.” She yelled out the window.
    He shook his head and laughed. He had never seen such a character as the old woman in his life. He went to hop in his car and wait on Monty to arrive. He glared at the gas hand that read full, and his heart stopped for a minute. He turned the switch and to his surprise the car did start. He drove away and as fast as he could. I

10. Rahim

Rahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51
    wow this is a great twist to this story....id love to hear how it ends...