Black Man: What Do You Want To Build?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Dual Karnayn, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    For years, especially on the internet, I've heard Black men talk about networking, and building, growing, and building, connecting, and building.
    I'm sure we all agree that we must BUILD, but it has come to my attention that not all of us agree on what must be built or how we should build it.

So my question is what is the goal, what do we intend to build collectively?

*Do we want to build a society where we can freely practice our traditions and cultures as AfroAmericans and still progress financially, technologically, as well as socially?

*Do we want to build a new progressive Black community all together not based on old traditions?

*Hell, do we even want our own society period?
    Or are we satisfied living in this one but wish for a little more respect and "understanding" from white people?

2. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    My bad, the sistaz can answer too!

3. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    An international network of Diaspora Africans participating in free enterprise, trade, commerce etc., through one central governmenmt.

4. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    I would like to build a community
    Based on Poetry & Free Speech
    I would set up cameras in different cities
    Different clubs and lounges where everynight
    People could watch and listen to different poets
    From around the world
    I know its a big dream but one that I would love to have
    It would be nice to be able to listen to a poet in Cali
    Then be able to listen to a poet in Hawaii
    That would be truely something
    I am pretty sure a lot of companies and corporations would want to be involved-Yet I would leave it for the people-All black community
    Thats my vision of what I want to build

5. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Tantrum and Mad

It all sounds good to me.

I would like to build a society similar to the one we live in here in America.
    Only more just and moral with AfroAmericans in control.

But I wouldn't wouldn't allow people to have guns except for the military.

Mad

I like your idea of centralized government.

I think it's the best form of government and the most orderly.

6. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    Excellent thread!

This is what I seek to build:

An organization of Black men who firmly believe in the notion that we must take responsibility for uplifting ourselves, our families and our communities. An organization that seeks to develop solvent, independent and permanent group power among Black men which, in turn, will allow us to leverage our diverse talents, knowledge, and experiences.

7. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Lazarus

Word is bond, I'm with you 100%

Now do you think that can be achieved in America or should we be looking outside of America for our own land to accomplish this?

8. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    Interesting follow-up question.

I believe that it can be accomplished in America. (or better, I believe it must be accomplished in America.) An exodus of Black men in America to a place outside the continental US is an unrealistic goal for many generations to come.

"Come out of her, my people!" refers to a mental, cultural, and spiritual exodus.

In my opinion, it starts with a mental state rather than a physical(location) state. (many have heard me building in chat about "instead of repping your city, rep your state... state of mind, that is")

Once this is acheived true nationbuilding can begin. Wouldn't you agree?

9. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Lazarus

Yes, actually I was thinking we could do both.

Establish ourselves politically and economically here in America AND expand our program by acquiring land and resources outside of the nation.

10. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Exactly! The jews (Khazar) manifest dual citizenship between amerikkka and a place called israel. There's no reason why African Americans cannot establish dual citizenship via the U.S. and an existing African government that is willing to participate and except the migration of African Americans.

Does anybody have any idea how much money the jews take out of the U.S. each year to israel? Billions! Think about it. AA's who desired to participate under a bilateral program of dual citizenship while possessing access to U.S. capital could not only help themselves but greatly benefit the economic industrialization of the African nation which they participate with under dual citizenship.

AA's would not have to give up anything in amerikkka, yet help themselves and their brethren in Africa at the same time.