Black People : Black man taken to jail for sitting in public area

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Aug 28, 2014.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I had a similar situation happen right in front of my house.. black woman cop leading.. hispanic male cop with his hand on his gun following.. while I'm holding my infant daughter. The female cop talked to me like I was her dog.. reveling in her power over a black man.. demanding some number they give you when you are in the Penal system.. She could not believe I had never been in jail.. and all this time.. the hispanic cop still has his hand on his gun.. while I'm holding my daughter.. in front of my house.. black male.. 6 foot 5.. 270 pounds.. 4th generation veteran.. drug-free.. alcohol-free.. tax-paying.. law-abiding.. business owner... none of it mattered.. or maybe it did.. it's hard to tell.

I witnessed my father have a similar situation.

I stood very often on the same platform where Oscar Grant was murdered.. I stood there before.. and after.. stood over the same spot where he bled out.. and for what? what he do?

I don't believe it will ever change.. not in a million years..

3. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    a very interesting video. like the Ferguson issue which has galvanized the globe, the essence of what we're dealing with here is about race no doubt. but the subtext is administrative power. that is, the power to create, interpret and enforce "laws"---real or imagined.

our dear Brotha in the video --with all good intentions present--acted in a manner as if the administrative power he is under (and was confronted with) is subservient to a kind of framework where parity exists. put another way, he assumed that he was sheltered in --and those cops governed by-- the so-called equal protection of the law per the 14th Amendment.

am I saying that his legitimate push back was wrong? not necessarily. some times people just get sick and tired of being harassed. i get it. i'm simply saying that he should have preserved his push back for a more, let's say, acute moment.

this is where what you said comes into play, and I quote:

I don't believe it will ever change...not in a million years..

i'm not prepared to go that far my dear Brotha. i'm hopeful...we can avoid them million years if people like you, me and others are tuned into what is now a unique (acute) moment in history whereby real justice can be brought into existence for black people. when this becomes a reality--and it will-- then a scenario in the vid will never again take place.

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Sorry, but I had to cut the video off when it came to the part where the cops threw the brutha on the ground and cuffed him.... while his child watched. **sigh**

Oh. And for what? Sitting on a bench while he waited for his child to arrive. :bye:

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Sorry, I can't "like" this post. Still:

It's not hard for me. You're just the kind of black PERSON (trust, **sigh** I know) they WANT to arrest. Want desperately. To put you behind bars, my brother, would be a feather in their 'insignificant, unaccomplished' cap(s).

:thinking: Black female/Hispanic male....

Rephrasing: "To put you behind bars, my brother, would be a feather in their SHORT 'insignificant, unaccomplished' cap(s)."

....which is why I can't hit the "like" button. It would be wrong of me, a lie for me, to "like" this post. But I honor your story. :bowdown:

P.S.
    Btw, while in college, I worked for a company that did personality profiles, mainly of potential salesmen, for gigantic corporations (who else could afford them? lol). Although we tested candidates to see who would make good sales people, I ran across other career personality profiles, as well. The personality profile of who makes the "best" law enforcement officer (cop) can be summed up in one word: bully. I kid you not - the major, the OVER-RIDING reason people go into law enforcement is that they have a desire to not dominate others "benignly," but to MAKE others do what they tell them to.

So again, you were spot on when you spoke of the female "reveling in her power."