Black Poetry : BLACK MAN FAILING SAGA: The Last Installment.

baller

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 28, 2001
the near north
a dark...grayness
covers polluted skies
and open thighs
that bleeds insanity into my world

M.E.M.B.R.A.N.E.S.
scattered across southern planes
that speaks to the torturous times
of that (YESTER)day

as the sun rise...slowly
on this SORRY crop of
FAILING FATHERS
and cringing mothers
whose persistent pleas
on bended knees
led to this...this disturbing
instance
of
hoping and praying
for an offspring
unlike his father's seed

{THERE WAS A TIME WHEN EVERY MOTHER WISHED HER SON WOULD GROW UP TO BE LIKE HIS FATHER...
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THOSE DAYS}

l'il playa
dropping babies
and don't understand why his
baby's mama
be hating on his game
when "THE CHILD SUPPORT CHECK"
that's in the mail
never came

SHE NEEDS ASSISTANCE, PLAYA

is 2K2 the year
when woman and child
will stand and cheer
the man that some
have stood and said
"HE FAILED HIS FAMILY"

let that man be dead

is 2K2
to be the year
my bruthaz and me
bless and caress
our family
RAISE UP and act like
what we were meant to be

MEN.

BLACK MAN FAILING
...NO
that's not who we are

we are the strength of a nation
..carrying the weight of the world
on broad shoulders

we are
THE FIRST FAMILY

BLACK MEN standing
Proud of family and home
And all we own

{let US act like who WE are}

DON’T GET IT WRONG.

~~~~~

the BLACK MAN FAILING SAGA was a result of my VENTING over an article i read; IS THE BLACK MAN FAILING HIS FAMILY? the article discusses an opinion pole, conducted by BET/CBS, in which fifty-six percent of those poled--seven hundred twenty-four total--felt that the Black Man had failed his family. I intended it be read in the following order:

- The Black Man has failed his Family
- Weak Man dropping Babies
- The Black Man's Excuse
- Have WE failed YOU

with, The Final Installment, as a follow up. SORRY I DIDN'T EXPRESS THAT EARLIER.

Personally, i'm offended that anyone would say that WE--BLACK MEN--have failed our families. however, given the state of disunity among my people...and the many who JUST DON'T GET IT...i see why it's being said. the bad thing is, there are too many of US who're insensitive to the message sent by the article.

THANKS for allowing me to VENT, my poetic family.

One.

Baller,

this series has been excellent brother, I have read them all but have yet to reply to them (had to let 'em marinate in my mental a while). the thing is with surveys and things of that sort, the numbers can be manipulated to represent what ever the survey takers want to them to convey. then it also depends how the survey was taken. Was it a random survey? the persons who replied ,was the majority from an area that was high in single motherhood? etc. I'm not saying that that has happened, I'm moreless playing the devils advocate. Surveys like this hit us hard and there have been studies depicting us as "less than men" done throughout time. The sad thing is is that it tends to polarize black men and women further because it lends itself to that tired ole "ain't no good black men around" statement and in all honesty some of us have failed or should I say haven't tried. anyway brother your poetic take on this is astounding and I applaud you. keep doin' your thang brother!!! I do remember from way back on the afronet days that we were going to do a collab. it may be about time to do so. what you think?

blak

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back