Black Parenting : Black males, be men and be fathers to your children!

Brother Pan ... why post the same thing to my responses to Sister True, when you couldn't directly address my response to you?

You have yet to explain the contradiction of your own words, with your own actions, within this thread (and/or its Sister thread).

I'm all for us looking at the whole thing, the big picture, but eventually we'll have to drill down to the very specifics in order to solve the problem.

That's the part you all have trouble with. As long as you can group it with women and children, you're good, as it provides some deflection.

But address your collective issues on their own, without the protection of someone else's failure, you immediately get defensive and/or shut down.

It's a pattern now, that anyone can see ... well, except yall.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

So in other words you didn't really mean this:

The situation is so dire now, i'm willing to do anything that will work ... what will work ... anything ... i'll use it.

If you take the time to read what I've written. You will clearly see I didn't contradict myself in either thread.

So in other words you didn't really mean this:

I meant all that i said ... but if i am to take direction from someone, i'd like it to be someone that has the courage to respond to my queries, directly ... when in discussion with each other.

If they can't do that ... mmmmm ... i'm not probably gonna have much confidence in the direction they provide.

Destee

Sister True ... i think Brothers are carrying a lot of pain and hurt, without knowing how to manage it properly. Being mistreated on so many levels, not able to participate fully in the world at the levels they see others participating at. To even express that fully, may make them appear weak, so they can speak on none of it. They gotta hold it all in, but unfortunately, it oozes out toward the ones they love the most. It was mentioned previously, that they are often highlighted for all the wrong things, newscasts, etc., and they simply can't bring themselves to add to that negative image ... even if it yields positive results ... it's just too painful for them.

Even if it lets the women and children know, everything is not their fault. It's not their fault Daddy chose not to stay with them.

They just can't do it.

I guess i can understand a little bit of it, but our children, families, and communities are paying such a high price ... it's time for it to stop.

It's a beautiful thing to be able to say i did something wrong, i wanna make up for it, do better.

There is much integrity in that ... but this world has made our Brothers feel ... there is no integrity in that.

Perpetuating the viscious cycle we see played out every day.

Few Brothers speaking solely on their collective shortcomings.

Maybe one day.

Love You!

Destee

I think that is a great point.

I mean, African American men have been hit hard.

But again, I think it goes back to this government.

It's just as you mentioned about taking responsibility. My issue here is the very predicament of Black women and children. how could we have been put through slavery and the slave ships for hundreds of years right in the very presence of Black men!?

We are the only kind that endured this. Yes, i do believe that men should take responsibility for this. I think we were failed on a much larger scale.

We were conditioned to 'hate each other'.

Going back even before that time, ancient black queens did not want black men. They wanted white or light men. Why should black men take care of somebody who always looks to put them down?

I believe it's governmental.

My personal experience is a nightmare. My mother never hestitates to say that she hated my father and she only married him to get out of her situation. Then after she became 'okay', she blamed him for everything,...in the courts and etc. ... She hated me because I looked just like him...

One of my brother-in-laws had four beautiful sons and he did everything for his family. But my sister-in-law said she married him for convenience. When she was 'okay', she left him and her kids...blamed him in he courts...got him locked up on a lie...physically beat her own sons...she gave them up willingly in court...

I meant all that i said ... but if i am to take direction from someone, i'd like it to be someone that has the courage to respond to my queries, directly ... when in discussion with each other.

If they can't do that ... mmmmm ... i'm not probably gonna have much confidence in the direction they provide.

Destee

That's fair enough....and its quite unfortunate. There is something to be said about not being able to see the forest for the trees!

That's fair enough....and its quite unfortunate. There is something to be said about not being able to see the forest for the trees!

Are you saying you can take direction from someone that won't even address or answer your questions, and you're in a discussion with them? I can't do that.

Anyway ... i basically agree with what you've said above ... it is unfortunate.

Nonetheless, it's truly been a pleasure, as i don't get to debate like this very often. Thanks.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back