Black Parenting : Black males, be men and be fathers to your children!

No, black men need to be responsible men more than anything. The arguments are definitely not equally valid.

You all give many(most?) black women no choice but to procreate with unfit men or be single and childless or date out because the "fit" ones tend to run away with non-black women. Men are supposed to be leaders of their community; leaders take responsibility. They do not go back and forth in arguments with those they are supposed to lead trying to shift blame because they can't face their own shortcomings.

This debate is tired. The black American man needs to step up. Period.

The arguments are equally valid, because both are equal partners in creating those children. Women who understand how important a father is to the well being of children will work hard to make sure she chooses a man that is father material, and vice versa for men. The black community is not in shambles just because of Black men's poor choices, it is in shambles because of the poor choices of Black men and Black women.

Do not allow certain ideologies blind you to the truth of our people's situation. We will only fix the problems with both genders focused on it, not one gender waiting on the other to change. I personally did not wait for the women who were focused on Thugs to come to their senses, I instead sought out a woman who was forward looking and ready to build something together. I think we've done very well, considering we have raised one child who has finished her first year of college and have been married for 21 years.

The arguments are equally valid, because both are equal partners in creating those children. Women who understand how important a father is to the well being of children will work hard to make sure she chooses a man that is father material, and vice versa for men. The black community is not in shambles just because of Black men's poor choices, it is in shambles because of the poor choices of Black men and Black women.

Do not allow certain ideologies blind you to the truth of our people's situation. We will only fix the problems with both genders focused on it, not one gender waiting on the other to change. I personally did not wait for the women who were focused on Thugs to come to their senses, I instead sought out a woman who was forward looking and ready to build something together. I think we've done very well, considering we have raised one child who has finished her first year of college and have been married for 21 years.

Yes, they have equal parts in creating the child, but no, that doesn't make the argument equally valid. The community is broken because of failing leaders, i.e., black men. The females have added to the failures, but the males are setting the example. Women and men may be equal as human beings deserving of happiness they've worked hard for, but leaders(men) and followers(women) are not equal in that leaders take on greater responsibilities being capable of accomplishing much more.

It's a fact that this is a man's world and where men of any community lead their women follow faithfully just as black women have been doing for centuries in this nation. We've followed into freedom, and now it seems black women will even follow into destruction if our men don't step up and take on their responsibilities.

I'm not saying black women should wait around for these guys to behave like men, but none have a right to tell us to pick better black men when our pickings are slim and seemingly getting slimmer. I truly think any respectful black woman should definitely pick a better guy but, being realistic, if we didn't wait around, the way so many do, we'd be paired off with men of other communities far more, and we all know what kind of stigma that carries for women in our community.

I think more men, actual men, in our community need to stop allowing these dudes to get away with bringing our community down, all the while having no trouble speaking up when they want to vent their frustrations on how unladylike women behave these days.

Everybody holds blame.

Shouldn't lay down unprotected with a guy who doesn't have characteristics of a good man.

Once you make another life...be a good man.

It's difficult for me to think of any reason not to help make a child you helped create, the best daughter, son, man or women that they can be. Even if the women turns out to be a sad sack of ....., you can't turn your back on kids that have your blood running through them.
I got a kid who don't have my blood, and if me and the wife split up I'd be with that girl till the end because I committed to do that years and years ago.

People who don't take responsibility for their childen are demons. Childish immature demons. An they ain't men. And no excuse fits.

Yes, they have equal parts in creating the child, but no, that doesn't make the argument equally valid. The community is broken because of failing leaders, i.e., black men. The females have added to the failures, but the males are setting the example. Women and men may be equal as human beings deserving of happiness they've worked hard for, but leaders(men) and followers(women) are not equal in that leaders take on greater responsibilities being capable of accomplishing much more.

It's a fact that this is a man's world and where men of any community lead their women follow faithfully just as black women have been doing for centuries in this nation. We've followed into freedom, and now it seems black women will even follow into destruction if our men don't step up and take on their responsibilities.

I'm not saying black women should wait around for these guys to behave like men, but none have a right to tell us to pick better black men when our pickings are slim and seemingly getting slimmer. I truly think any respectful black woman should definitely pick a better guy but, being realistic, if we didn't wait around, the way so many do, we'd be paired off with men of other communities far more, and we all know what kind of stigma that carries for women in our community.

I think more men, actual men, in our community need to stop allowing these dudes to get away with bringing our community down, all the while having no trouble speaking up when they want to vent their frustrations on how unladylike women behave these days.

This sounds like a pushoff.

If the community is broken, don't let the community raise your child.

Options slim and getting slimmer?

It's 2016. Go check out a dating site and the pool of applicants broadens wider then years ago. Go find someone in a library or the dorks in the math club. Wait a while before laying down. It ain't food...you don't need it to stay alive.

learn from the mistakes of women around you instead of becoming part of the club.

If what seems like a good guy roams of course it ain't on you. But if you are hanging with a guy who slings and has no job, then don't blame your hands getting burnt on anyone else because you played with fire.

And if you are getting down with a guy who already has a kid and isn't a part of that...better own that too.

You heard me. Take care of your children and stop complicating things, coming up with every reason as to why you're so irresponsible. It's all on you. Not them. Not us. You.

Already done.

You pop them out, but the male is responsible?!!? BS

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back