Black Relationships : Black Male Shortage - Myth or Reality?

yaphet al-wynn said:
There is ONE stat that will NEVER ever be quoted by anyone negative toward Black men and this was even in the Wall Street Journal(for those who will not believe it, unless the white man says so). Black men are outpacing both Black women and white men in becoming entrepreneurs(starting their own businesses). This apply to both the educated and not so educated Black men in taking that plunge on a leap of faith and deciding their own destinies. And also putting increased costs on corporations(some Black men worked in them before deciding to strike out on their own) in training and other costs in replacing them.

I am so glad that someone brought this point up. The statistics would have you to believe that black women have passed the black man. What they are trying to do is belittle him before black women and the world. They want to make him look like a complete failure. Though we (like any other race) may have our woes, there is a large number of black men making a huge different in their world and going on bout "their" business. I see this in my community and I bet you see it in yours. I know of a brotha here in my small town who has a gorgeous home, drives a C5 corvette and is so very down to earth. What does he do??? He has his own commercial contracting business, building some of the finest shopping plazas in America. I am so proud of him and there are many more brothas like him, here. Restaurants, computer networking (this guy is wealthy), and on and on. Pensacola is very strong in this area of black business ownership. Strong brothas make strong communities...and I'm loving it by supporting it$$$. The media's focus may not be on them, but we can put it there ourselves.

Joyce said:
I am so glad that someone brought this point up. The statistics would have you to believe that black women have passed the black man. What they are trying to do is belittle him before black women and the world. They want to make him look like a complete failure. there is a large number of black men making a huge different in their world and going on bout "their" business. The media's focus may not be on them, but we can put it there ourselves.

Absolutely Joyce, I no longer concern myself with the images that white America displays about us. It concerns me more that our own supposed media (Ebony, Essence, Bet, Radio-One, Def Jam) does the same. It is up to us to counter the negative stereotypes placed in general media about us!

P.S. Tell Roy Jones Jr. I said "what's up" :cool:

This was what I was talking about. But the article that I used was from my local paper and this one is similar in tone to the one from my local paper(except the one in my local paper was slightly more detailed).I posted the link in the Black male warrior section under demonization of Black men and the link worked there.

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/smallbusiness/articles/0,15114,551661,00.html

I see a lot of negative publicity regarding black people. It's to be expected when one race wishes to promote themselves.

We can counteract by doing the opposite of the negativity the media portrays.

I don't let their portrayals get me down and neither should the rest of you. I'm saying this because they are conditioned to think the worst of us. We need to condition ourselves into thinking that we are indeed God's creations and whatever God made is good. We don't have to have the plaudits and accolades of the media. We KNOW we are strong people because we have harder endeavors to make it to the top...but most importantly, we make it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back