Black People : BLACK MALE ANGER IS ATTRIBUTABLE TO BEING REARED IN FEMALE-HEADED HOUSEHOLDS???

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by EL PAPI LEANDO, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EL PAPI LEANDO

EL PAPI LEANDO Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    The prevailing wisdom, it seems, is that the wicked Black Woman chases Black Men away from their cherished and honored duties as fathers, and that is the why there are so many female-headed households in our communities, but can such an argument really be sustained in light of all the other pressures that are brought to bear on Black Male-Female relationships?

I mean, have we gotten to the place where we are willing to take the blame away from historical White Supremacy/Black Male unemployment/and our overall socio-political and socio-economic disfranchisement, and drop all the blame on Black women?

I will say no more. I hope we can weigh such a situation, and bring forth some sense from that sort of insanity.

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    more bull to separate people more than they already are

i still blame where the blame is: historical White Supremacy/Black Male unemployment/and our overall socio-political and socio-economic disfranchisement

lIKE you stated

hey i was mad too when i wasn't workin' and/or didn't have access to money

i mean come on now

this is a non-issue for anyone with any sense

peace EL

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    And i'm still mad for other reasons though

mainly that we are suffering out there

in ways you don't even see

i wish the spirit would swoosh down and correct all of this

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I believe someone, the powers that be, something ... wants to destroy the great bond between Black Men and their Mothers.

Oftentimes, a Black Man's Mother is the ONLY one he KNOWS will stand with him, no matter the situation.

Oftentimes, a Black Man will offer his life, and threaten the life of another ... for his Mother ... and vice versa.

It is a VERY STRONG BOND ... between (most) Black Men and their Mothers ... and somebody doesn't like it.

We are now being told, that it is the Black Mother that is ruining the Black Man ... that she is in essence, his enemy.

If this one (and oftentimes only) remaining bond is broken ... the one between the Black Man and his Mother ... he has no one.

The Black Father / Child relationship has already been weakened to a great degree, is on the ropes, and struggling.

The Father leaves, and the Mother remains, sacrificing / giving her life for the child ... bearing all responsibility alone.

Separating a child from its Mother ... suggesting that she is now the problem ... will surely be our collective death.

If not for the Mother (in these cases), what would become of the child? Are folk suggesting the child would fare better alone?

Break the Mother's heart and resolve, while planting seeds of doubt in the minds of Black Men, that their Mother is the enemy.

I don't think it gets any worse than this.

:heart:

Destee

5. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

NO, we can NOT "drop all the blame on black women."

We ALL must accept some "blame" and "responsibility, EQUALLY.

And that is ALL I am gonna say on this because the arguments have gotten tired...

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    You Do Realize....

:ref: That the data on oow births and their consequences on that family are quite conclusive? :bullseye: Honestly, there is no way around the problems associated

7. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    What's up, Kem? LTNS.

One thing though, like O said, we BOTH, woman and man, share SOME blame in this.

I wish we could get our heads clear and just live the way we think we ought to. If we did that, our unity would be strengthened and a third of our problems would be solved.

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

:ref: There are too many sisters doing this for shared blame. Prior to the 80s that argument could be used. Moreover, there are many sisters that really dont want a guy around. :getout: At least until the child starts becoming unruly. They deliberately chose guys that wont be around. There is no getting around those stats either

9. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    If that was the Sista's sole purpose...to lay and play with a man who wouldn't stay...wouldn't she use some type of contraceptive so that she would NOT get pregnant. Or, dare I say, that she was trying to use the baby to keep him in her life? And why would a Sista choose to be with a man of such nature? What's her benefit from doing so?

Speak on it, Brotha.

10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    You're not hearing me. There are lots of sisters out here that want a child and NO man to interfere with his raising. They dont get pregnant until they want the child. So yes, they do use until then.

They chose to be with a guy of this nature because they know it is highly probable, he wont be around when the child is born. :dance1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.