Black People Politics : Black Lives Matter Would Like To See A Little More Help From Congressional Black Caucus

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Black Unity,

Black Lives Matter Would Like To See A Little More Help From Congressional Black Caucus

Both groups agree a dual-pronged attack on racism would work best

WASHINGTON -- It's no secret that many Black Lives Matter and other African-American activists feel disconnected from members of the Congressional Black Caucus ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-lives-matter-congressional-black-caucus_5697fe68e4b0b4eb759db714?

TOM WILLIAMS/CQ ROLL CALL VIA GETTY IMAGES
Protesters representing the Black Lives Matter movement march to the Capitol in January 2015 to urge Congress to take action on racial issues

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
RIP Samuel Dubose

Family of man killed by Ohio college police officer gets $4.85 million in settlement

CLEVELAND (Reuters) - The family of a black Ohio man killed by a University of Cincinnati police officer during a traffic stop will receive $4.85 million and free college tuition for his 12 children in a settlement, attorneys said Monday ...

http://news.yahoo.com/family-man-killed-ohio-college-police-officer-gets-161855152.html

An impromptu memorial for Samuel Dubose is posted near the crime scene in Cincinnati, Ohio July 30, 2015. …

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Interesting perspective, Marjorie

Why Black Lives Matter Is in Trouble

The end is nigh for #BlackLivesMatter—and its leadership doesn’t even see it yet.

DeRay Mckesson announced last week in a soporific Medium post that he is running for mayor of Baltimore, and the general response has been a collective cringe. Mckesson is one of the Black Lives Matter activists with the most promise, but by attempting to leverage a social movement into a political force for good, he’s likely headed for trouble ...

http://www.nationalinterest.org/feature/why-black-lives-matter-trouble-15179

Activists make terrible leaders

Marjorie Romeyn-Sanabria
February 11, 2016

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz