Law Forum : Black Lives Matter (movement): NYC - Chokehold Death of Eric Garner

:facepalm:

EXPLAINER: Why 1 murder count against Chauvin may not stick

That’s because another fired Minneapolis officer found guilty of third-degree murder has a pending appeal before the state Supreme Court — and if his conviction is overturned, it could mean a Chauvin conviction would fall, too

1619108147134.png

STEVE KARNOWSKI

:facepalm:

Here's how long Derek Chauvin could spend in prison

Chauvin will be sentenced on the second-degree murder because, per state law, it's the single most serious charge. Although sentencing guidelines suggest it's more likely he could get closer to 15 years, prosecutors likely will argue otherwise, citing aggravating factors -- minors at the scene watched Floyd die, in one example -- that could push 15 years closer to 40.

IVAN PEREIRA and WHITNEY LLOYD

The value of black lives must be elevated :facepalm:

The Death of George Floyd Reignited a Movement. What Happens Now?

Audra D.S. Burch

:great:

Raiders owner Mark Davis takes responsibility for 'I can breathe' tweet posted after Derek Chauvin conviction

Davis told The Athletic's Tashan Reed that tweet was an ode to Floyd's brother Philonise Floyd, who said in a news conference Tuesday: "Today we are able to breathe again."

Jason Owens

:wow: ... Just :wow:

Alicia Garza Discusses Leaving Black Lives Matter, the Complications of Balancing Activism and Branding on Jemele Hill Is Unbothered

“I didn’t want to be the Black Lives Matter lady for the rest of my life,” she says. “To be honest, I have a lot of other talents. I have a lot of other skills. I have a lot more to offer and, you know, I’m not Black Lives Matter. That is something that I helped to create, but I am like the smallest piece of it...

:picture:
1619115459556.png
Black Lives Matter co-founder Alicia Garza

Jay Connor

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back