Law Forum : Black Lives Matter Member Plans to Sue Georgia Church for Discrimination After It Banned Group

Separation of Church and State. Who protest inside a church.

This issue of what can be worn in church appears to be trending. Is it about the Bible anymore or is it about clothing? :facepalm:

Jeans or suits? Pastors battle over church dress code
By WMCActionNews5.com Staff

Dr. Mathew L. Stevenson is a renowned pastor in Chicago. He, too, took to social media to express his thoughts on a church dress code(His YouTube video was published on July 20, 2017.

In Memphis, Jerrod Gunter a youth pastor at New Direction Christian Church spoke with WMC Action News 5 in a t-shirt, distressed jeans, and tennis shoes, he said they speak to their congregation in what they're comfortable in and that it represents the diversity of their church ...

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/35970317/wednesday-10-pastors-critique-church-dress-codes

This issue of what can be worn in church appears to be trending. Is it about the Bible anymore or is it about clothing? :facepalm:

Jeans or suits? Pastors battle over church dress code
By WMCActionNews5.com Staff

Dr. Mathew L. Stevenson is a renowned pastor in Chicago. He, too, took to social media to express his thoughts on a church dress code(His YouTube video was published on July 20, 2017.

In Memphis, Jerrod Gunter a youth pastor at New Direction Christian Church spoke with WMC Action News 5 in a t-shirt, distressed jeans, and tennis shoes, he said they speak to their congregation in what they're comfortable in and that it represents the diversity of their church ...

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/35970317/wednesday-10-pastors-critique-church-dress-codes

As far as I know there has never been a dress code for church.
I’ve never witnessed anyone being asked to leave the church because of the way they were dressed.
Remember Eddie Long preaching in his tight lil shirts. Definitely a reason to create a dress code.
The older churches dress codes were taken from how the Bible was interpreted.
The pastor care more about your money than what’s on your body.
Money beats dress codes on any Sunday
The pastor can battle all they want, people go to church dressed the way they want.

As far as I know there has never been a dress code for church.
I’ve never witnessed anyone being asked to leave the church because of the way they were dressed.
Remember Eddie Long preaching in his tight lil shirts. Definitely a reason to create a dress code.The older churches dress codes were taken from how the Bible was interpreted.The pastor care more about your money than what’s on your body.
Money beats dress codes on any Sunday
The pastor can battle all they want, people go to church dressed the way they want.

And that is the point, except for the church in question that rejected the wearing of Black Lives Matter T-Shirts :facepalm: You said it best IFE:

"I’ve never witnessed anyone being asked to leave the church because of the way they were dressed."

Exactly ...

"The pastor care more about your money than what’s on your body. Money beats dress codes on any Sunday"

And that is the point, except for the church in question that rejected the wearing of Black Lives Matter T-Shirts :facepalm: You said it best IFE:

"I’ve never witnessed anyone being asked to leave the church because of the way they were dressed."

Exactly ...

"The pastor care more about your money than what’s on your body. Money beats dress codes on any Sunday"

Wearing a BLM tee shirt is making a statement. To some (white people) a hostile militant statement. With all the white church shootings, I don’t think that was a wise move.
White pastor could have had a gun and shot him at the door and claimed “standing his groung” because of how the BLM tee shirts are viewed.

If a lone person come into a Black church wearing a BLM tee shirt, that person could possible be sitting in a row all by their self. Shunned. Because he’s wearing a BLM tee shirt to church for no reason. Black church members will shun what they don’t understand.
If a group came into a Black church wearing BLM tee shirts, they might be asked if they’re on the program, or plan to speak today, or something like that
Is the BLM tee shirt casual wear or worn for activism, and political purposes.

I’m not prepared to defend the white church.
I’m speaking of what I see as basic right and wrong.
The BLM tee shirt is not white people dress code for church.

Black Lives Matter Member Plans to Sue Georgia Church for Discrimination After It Banned Group

A Black Lives Matter member plans to file a discrimination lawsuit against a Georgia church after it called the police on fellow demonstrators and banned them for wearing shirts for the civil rights group.

Four Black Lives Matter Savannah members attended a service at the city's Bible Baptist Church last month to make a statement about the firing of a church daycare employee, who they say was kicked out for wearing a BLM shirt.
Sitting in the pews, the members took off their jackets to reveal the T-shirts but stayed silent until police officers arrived.

A report by the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police said the protesters “refused to sit down once the congregation took their seats and also refused to leave at the request of church leaders.”

Cole Ballenger, who says he will file the suit, said the group was being “completely respectful” and sitting when the police were called.

A video of the incident shows officers telling the demonstrators to step outside. Officers then say the church does not “want the Black Lives Matter shirts” or allow political clothing.

The church said it has a policy that prohibits anyone from protesting, disrupting or interfering with worship services.

————
if they wanted to attend a church service they could have changed their shirts. They obviously did not come INSIDE for the service.
Whites are terrorising, shootings in white shirts.
Why would BLM even bother. They need some rules for their members and the wearing of BLM clothing.

They actually say they came to make a statement about the firing af an employee wearing a BLM tee shirt.

A matter of right and wrong for BLM. This is not the first time they’ve got the two crossed. Trying to do right, doing wrong.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back