Science and Technology : Black Lives Matter is right to say Climate Change is a Race Issue

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I am not selling anything. What does using the word "racist" have to do with doing anything about it? Putting crisis after it doesn't affect anything.

um

True, nothing that I'm buying, umbrarchist. If the shoe was on the other foot, meaning, White folk were dying from climate change, the response would be entirely different than it is currently, perhaps, and not considered racist, at all.

Well, understandably for you, placing crisis afterwards, doesn't affect anything, but for many, many others, it has significant value.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Donald Trump is betting against all odds on climate change

... But I fear he won’t shrink from the actions he has promised on climate change: withdrawing the United States from the Paris accord, ending President Obama’s Clean Power Plan and okaying every new fossil-fuel plan from the Keystone XL pipeline on down. He won’t back down because those are hard-to-hedge choices and because he’s surrounded by climate-change deniers and fossil-fuel insiders who will try to ensure that he keeps his word ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-betting-against-all-odds-on-climate-change/2016/11/17/8f7bf4ee-acf4-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html?utm_term=.80cb185b27c6&wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1

Donald Trump. (Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Trump’s denial of catastrophic climate change is a clear danger

... Voters heard little about climate change in the endless election campaign. The contrast between the two candidates was night and day, with Hillary Clinton promising to expand on Obama’s climate initiatives and Trump vowing to repeal them. Yet not one question was posed about climate change in the presidential debates. The media gave more airtime to the size of Trump’s hands than to the scope of his climate delusion ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-denial-of-catastrophic-climate-change-is-a-clear-danger/2016/11/15/98520864-aa8e-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html?utm_term=.46517bc2c663&wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1

Ice floats in the Arctic near Svalbard, Norway, in 2009. (Dirk Notz/Associated Press)

Black Cypher

Nov 26, 2016
Not much to say. Climate change is real and there is plenty of empirical scientific evidence to support it. Never understood the deniers and their revulsion for evidence and facts....

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: