Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
safe_image.php

African Jews Flood the Streets of Israel Demanding End to Police Brutality
From Oakland to Ferguson, to Beavercreek, to Baltimore and now to Jerusalem, the people are rising up against police brutality and murder. African-Israelis
countercurrentnews.com

From Oakland to Ferguson, to Beavercreek, to Baltimore and now to Jerusalem, the people are rising up against police brutality and murder. African-Israelis of Ethiopian Jewish descent have taken to the streets after a video of an Israeli police officer beating an Ethiopian Israeli, was leaked on social media.

Literally thousands of protesters, mostly members of Israel’s Ethiopian Jewish community, rallied in the streets of Jerusalem last Thursday, demanding an end to racism and racist, brutal and unchecked police actions in Israel.

While the incident recorded in the video took place last Sunday in the Tel Aviv suburb of Holon, the protests were centered around the entrance to the national Israel Police headquarters in Jerusalem.

The video clearly shows an Israeli cop pushing an Israeli soldier of Ethiopian descent (Israel has mandatory military service). The man being pushed, Demas Fekadeh, hits the ground only seconds before a second officer enters the scene, beating Fekadeh.

See for yourself…

The protest began with only a few hundred protesters but it quickly grew into the thousands by the time night hit.

The crowd then marched on the police headquarters, only a short distance from the Prime Minister’s Residence.

As the evening continued, protesters blocked the intersection between King George St. and Jaffa St.

If the Israel Police are to be believed, the protesters threw stones, bottles and even “fire bombs.” We saw no evidence of that, if anyone has photographs of this, please submit them to CounterCurrentNews@gmail.com.

Perhaps this was the police excuse for attacking 10 protesters seven of which needed to be rushed to hospitals for further treatment?

Ha’Aretz reports that the “Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat arrived at the scene and spoke to the protesters trying to lower the flames.”

He asked: “Do you doubt that the prime minister, ministers, and 120 Knesset members want to embrace the Ethiopian community?”

No one was feeling it. One protester shouted back: “I don’t want a hug. Look at me as you would look at a white person. I don’t need a hugs. That is a patronizing attitude that says that I’m incapable, so let’s give him a hug.”

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back