Black Authors : Black literary magazine needs submissions

shesfab

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 17, 2010
I'm launching a new online literary magazine, Literally Black, with the sole purpose of showcasing Black authors, poets and artists. This lit mag is edited by a Black writer, will have a panel of Black readers, and only features the work of Black writers and artists. That's important to me because I know there is a ton of written and artistic talent in the Black community, but folks don't often get to see it.

The first issue goes live on February 1, 2011, and submissions will be taken from now through January 20, 2011. You can go to the official website, literallyblack.com , to see the guidelines and submit.

Submission is free, and the magazine will be free for everyone to read online. Literally Black will be published once per month. I'm looking for poetry, fictional short stories, creative non-fiction, essays, interviews and book reviews.

If you have any questions, my contact info is on the website!

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Black literary magazine needs submissions

I'm launching a new online literary magazine, Literally Black, with the sole purpose of showcasing Black authors, poets and artists. This lit mag is edited by a Black writer, will have a panel of Black readers, and only features the work of Black writers and artists. That's important to me because I know there is a ton of written and artistic talent in the Black community, but folks don't often get to see it.

The first issue goes live on February 1, 2011, and submissions will be taken from now through January 20, 2011. You can go to the official website, literallyblack.com , to see the guidelines and submit.

Submission is free, and the magazine will be free for everyone to read online. Literally Black will be published once per month. I'm looking for poetry, fictional short stories, creative non-fiction, essays, interviews and book reviews.

If you have any questions, my contact info is on the website!

.......Thanks and welcome to Destee.com shesfab, may take you up on that.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

You're surely welcome to submit your work, and tell any other writers you know about the project too. I know we have a few lit mags that feature Black authors and artists out there, but most of them require a subscription...thus they're not widely known or read.

.......Certainly, and I have already alerted the Group:)...Look for me by the deadline...Peace In,

sounds interesting.. but who are we submitting our work to? Who are you?
Do you mind introducing yourself? My writing means a lot to me.. so, I need to know
who I'm submitting my work to.. and.. are their any restrictions on content?.. or language.. ?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back