Black People Politics : Black Leadership Accountability Crucial

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
At first, many Blacks considered President Barack Obama an icon beyond reproach. Increasingly, however, the need for greater presidential accountability surfaced. But it skirted an equally important long-standing issue: A lack of accountability by Black elected and other leaders that reflects the Black community’s conditioned reluctance to hold its leaders accountable. Traditional self-serving leadership has proven to be extremely hazardous for the Black community.

Initially, Blacks considered challenging Obama’s decisions sacrilegious, and more than a few continued to regard him as a hero beyond criticism. Although dissatisfied with some of his decisions, they did not demand he be held accountable. Leadership accountability is more important than ever, since 21st challenges now include a dangerously narcissistic U. S. president.

Read more

https://lasentinel.net/black-leadership-accountability-crucial-2.html

At first, many Blacks considered President Barack Obama an icon beyond reproach. Increasingly, however, the need for greater presidential accountability surfaced. But it skirted an equally important long-standing issue: A lack of accountability by Black elected and other leaders that reflects the Black community’s conditioned reluctance to hold its leaders accountable. Traditional self-serving leadership has proven to be extremely hazardous for the Black community.

Initially, Blacks considered challenging Obama’s decisions sacrilegious, and more than a few continued to regard him as a hero beyond criticism. Although dissatisfied with some of his decisions, they did not demand he be held accountable. Leadership accountability is more important than ever, since 21st challenges now include a dangerously narcissistic U. S. president.

Read more

https://lasentinel.net/black-leadership-accountability-crucial-2.html

'AN ICON BEYOND REPROACH'

"Challenging Obama's decisions sacreligious'

'A HERO BEYOND CRITISM'...

What a shame, and I would not be surprised if this stems from people who say they are Christians too.

I just read an article about Ta-Nehisi Coates who interviewed Obama in December 2016, a month after elections and Trump won. And he completely DROPPED US... again, on the issue of Reparations. he said, it wouldn't be fair to Latinos and other foreigners if we got reparations. That hurt so bad.

It burns inside of me.

WE'VE BEEN DROPPED.

I know I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. I am stunned. How can Obama say that. Before he came the Hispanics didn't even come as much as they did, when he became president. They mostly voted Republican, but they split during his election, because they knew they could come in, and now we are definitely affected. Wow. We are locked in between Trump shouting against immigration and what Obama did. I don't agree with going against immigration, but the flood that came in after Obama became president hit hard, in regards to us, in my opinion because it was planned. I lost my job in a terrible way, discrimination, and it was given to an immigrate, and at that time, I knew it was planned. So, Trumps dealings with Immigration is not good for us, but neither was Obama's allowing them in through a flood gate.

'AN ICON BEYOND REPROACH'

"Challenging Obama's decisions sacreligious'

'A HERO BEYOND CRITISM'...

What a shame, and I would not be surprised if this stems from people who say they are Christians too.

I just read an article about Ta-Nehisi Coates who interviewed Obama in December 2016, a month after elections and Trump won. And he completely DROPPED US... again, on the issue of Reparations. he said, it wouldn't be fair to Latinos and other foreigners if we got reparations. That hurt so bad.

It burns inside of me.

WE'VE BEEN DROPPED.

I know I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. I am stunned. How can Obama say that. Before he came the Hispanics didn't even come as much as they did, when he became president. They mostly voted Republican, but they split during his election, because they knew they could come in, and now we are definitely affected. Wow. We are locked in between Trump shouting against immigration and what Obama did. I don't agree with going against immigration, but the flood that came in after Obama became president hit hard, in regards to us, in my opinion because it was planned. I lost my job in a terrible way, discrimination, and it was given to an immigrate, and at that time, I knew it was planned. So, Trumps dealings with Immigration is not good for us, but neither was Obama's allowing them in through a flood gate.

I think holding our leaders accountable means actively participating in the political arena from the beginning to the end, as opposed to the "wait and see" attitude that we have. Accountability can't mean just wait until the dust settles and complain.

The groups who faired best are those who applied pressure continuously, from the beginning to the end. The ones who
just wouldn't go away. We voted and went away, putting all the burden on Obama. It doesn't work that way. Obama has to answer to others and he needed us to be behind him in order to make change. JMO

I think holding our leaders accountable means actively participating in the political arena from the beginning to the end, as opposed to the "wait and see" attitude that we have. Accountability can't mean just wait until the dust settles and complain.

The groups who faired best are those who applied pressure continuously, from the beginning to the end. The ones who
just wouldn't go away. We voted and went away, putting all the burden on Obama. It doesn't work that way. Obama has to answer to others and he needed us to be behind him in order to make change. JMO

I understand your position on 'actively participating in the political arena' and I agree with that, even from the groups like the religious organizations as well that do or do not believe in voting. It is vital for groups to actively hold these politicians accountable. Groups like 'the Amish' that don't vote, still came to America and therefore, they should not just have a free ride. If this government is harming people's human rights, no one should sit on the side lines. No one.

When you say "leader" who are you referring to?

I agree, we must hold our leaders accountable. First, we have to identify who these leaders are and if every Black person agree on the same Leaders.
Personally, on the political side, I view the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) as Our leaders. Many of these Black senators have been setting in office for decades and have no loyalty to their constituents.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back