Black People : Black leaders? Or, good ole boys?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Coach707, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Coach707

Coach707 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Is it me, or does the NAACP along with our supposed black leaders (Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton for example) make a big deal out of some of the more meaningless racial issues. A few months ago, the NAACP attacked A white business for hanging a confederate flag outside of the building, and now Al Sharpton is attacking the creators of the animated series "The Boondocks" for their tribute to MLK. Apparently they created a show about MLK coming back from the dead adressing the black community by cursing and repeat use of the "N" word. My response is; SO WHAT! Have a sense of humor. There are far more serious situations to be tackled in our world, or am I trippin? Am I crazy or does it seem like all of our black leaders are in pocket with the Democratic Party? Are those Democrats nothing but republicans that are more sensitive to public relations?

What do you all think?

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    We don't really have any black leaders. Even the black Democrats and church folk are fake and have a price. We're on our own. If the common black person doesn't do anything to change the future of black people, it will never change. Democrats in general are a joke, and you know a black democrat is going to tap dance just so they don't offend any white democrats. The last thing they're going to tackle are any real race issues, because that would be calling out white folks in general on their practices in this country. They couldn't even unite enough to fillibuster an overt racist and right-winged Sam Alito yesterday...so don't expect them to do a [email protected] thing for black people.

3. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Al and jessie are bought!
    All of our true leaders are dead or in exile in another country!

4. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Exactly, the next generation of people that can be deemed leaders of us by us must be nurtured with the facts from a young age.

5. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I'm not sure I agree.

I think the problem is not the leaders, but the lack of followers. Most us Average black folk are too content with just getting by with things as they are, too pre-occupied to demand more from leaders, too fickle to get behind and support the genuine leaders, or too apathetic to step up and become leaders ourselves.

6. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    ^^^^^oh yeah , that to.

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Leadership

Before we point fingers at our leadership we must understand what a leader is. There are two types of leaders, there are people with an agenda that gather a following and there are servants of the people who represent the minds, hearts, voices and spirits of the people they serve. A leader with agendas tend to be served by the people and a servant leader serves the people. Leaders with an agenda tend decide what's best for the people based upon personal opinion and analysis of their own observations. A servant leader is obligated to the needs of the people based upon the decisions of the people. Both leaders formulate and utilize strategy to achieve set goals..In the end one must ask who is being served? By serving to leader do the people ultimately get served. This is the trickle down theory or by making the rich and powerful more rich and powerful there will be a residual overflow of prosperity flowing down to the people. This type of leadership is the epitome of western culture today. So in order for our "leaders" to be effective they must become servants of the people. They must put aside personal gain and be willing to have everyone moving and prospering at nearly the same pace... This is what we don't have. Until then we must collectively become leaders in our homes with our families. This will give rise to the servant leader...

Peace....

8. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    :bullseye:

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Jesse Jackson being part of the Boul'e and a mason has take 2 oaths of secrecy.....So there is only so far he can go, or certain issues he can address before someone reminds him of his oath's.....

Not too long ago he and Reverend Sharpton were ARGUING OVER WHO KILLED MARTIN LUTHER KING................now ain't that something!! How could that be an argument? Le me see, because one of them has bee sworn too secrecy knowing exactly who the murderer (s) were, but has too intercede with some misdirection as too the TRUTH!!

peace

10. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    look man I'm no fan of Jesse jackson...he get's paid laying guilt trips but not much benefit flows to black community. But if you're getting this stuff about him being involved in King's assasination from Steve Cokely you need to go head and read all the references Cokely aims you at on his site. They basically contradict what Cokely claims...

goto section VII.C

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/crim/mlk/part1.htm#toc