The Front Porch : Black Leaders or Agenda Agents

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is...
He almost got into some of your guy's pocket.
lol
Oh look a black guy wearing a tie with a pen in his hand in a picture...Must be legit.
Nice web page...Must be legit.
$10...That's it? Must be legit.
Paying for something we're already owed? LEGIT!

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is...
He almost got into some of your guy's pocket.
lol
Oh look a black guy wearing a tie with a pen in his hand in a picture...Must be legit.
Nice web page...Must be legit.
$10...That's it? Must be legit.
Paying for something we're already owed? LEGIT!

A suit and tie is the uniform for some the greatest/lowest/greediest criminals in human history. It always trips me out when hustlers dress up and speak proper english.. like that makes them more trustworthy or something.

He need to run that hustle on blackplanet or somewhere with a younger base. We been around too long to be buying bricks in TV boxes.

Thank you, Bro. skuderjaymes and others for handling this dude. He had a great idea, but he was shady.

I recognize that this is a discussion board and many of us have busy lives outside of this community. I was excited before old dude burst the bubble spitting hate, ignorance and lies. But still, I wonder whether Black people could really pull something like this off--not the scam--but a true community such as this guy described.

What would it take? What would a 21st century community built by Black people for Black people look like? What would be some of the essential components necessary to build it, sustain it, live in it and protect it? Just how appealing is a concept like that to others here?

I look at the premium members here and compare it to the number of people that visit here every single day--to engage by either contributing to the body of knowledge or taking something away that may be changing lives for the better. I often wonder why more of us aren't financially contributing. I'm not judging people that don't...but I still wonder.

$10. By today's standards, not a lot of purchasing power but if combined and invested properly maybe it could make a positive difference for those of us who really want to be a part of change to uplift Black people in America and around the globe. Some may struggle to but many of us could scrape together $10 without much of an effort. What sorts of things do you think about or appeal to you when it comes to spending your money?

We have very intelligent people here. People with a variety of skill sets that could be a benefit to such a community building concept. We could grow our wealth. We have the means to do it. Something like this would not be appealing to the naysayers, or the lazy thinkers and never-doers. But that's okay, I think we can agree that we can't save all Black people. But, what about the ones who have said over and over again in a countless number of threads here, that something like this would be just what we need?

Start small...live by example...gradually expand when others become convinced that we can love ourselves, love each other, trust each other, protect each other, be free to be our own 'best friends.'

Thank you, Bro. skuderjaymes and others for handling this dude. He had a great idea, but he was shady.

I recognize that this is a discussion board and many of us have busy lives outside of this community. I was excited before old dude burst the bubble spitting hate, ignorance and lies. But still, I wonder whether Black people could really pull something like this off--not the scam--but a true community such as this guy described.

What would it take? What would a 21st century community built by Black people for Black people look like? What would be some of the essential components necessary to build it, sustain it, live in it and protect it? Just how appealing is a concept like that to others here?

I look at the premium members here and compare it to the number of people that visit here every single day--to engage by either contributing to the body of knowledge or taking something away that may be changing lives for the better. I often wonder why more of us aren't financially contributing. I'm not judging people that don't...but I still wonder.

$10. By today's standards, not a lot of purchasing power but if combined and invested properly maybe it could make a positive difference for those of us who really want to be a part of change to uplift Black people in America and around the globe. Some may struggle to but many of us could scrape together $10 without much of an effort. What sorts of things do you think about or appeal to you when it comes to spending your money?

We have very intelligent people here. People with a variety of skill sets that could be a benefit to such a community building concept. We could grow our wealth. We have the means to do it. Something like this would not be appealing to the naysayers, or the lazy thinkers and never-doers. But that's okay, I think we can agree that we can't save all Black people. But, what about the ones who have said over and over again in a countless number of threads here, that something like this would be just what we need?

Start small...live by example...gradually expand when others become convinced that we can love ourselves, love each other, trust each other, protect each other, be free to be our own 'best friends.'

Peace NNQueen,

I think what youre talking about is the family unit. that is where these kinds of things should and do begin.. and succeed. Where their is some hierarchy.. and some web of trust and respect that brings everyone together.

Generally speaking.. meaning.. on a large scale.. outside of the family unit.. do you think African American people have the cultural character to cooperate over the long term? also.. do you think the will exists to volutarily choose to delay gratification in hopes of a brighter future? Can we wrap our egos around a 60 year plan? Can we wrap our esteem around a positive cultural identity? Arent we done as a people? Aren't we just individuals.. genders.. republicans.. democrats.. ?

Are we done?

peace again..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back