Black People : Black judge rejects plea deal for 'white boy'

Full Speed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 7, 2009
This brother spoke an inconvenient truth!! :toast: The judge ended up recusing himself from the case and a White judge accepted the rediculous plea. I think the brother just blew his top at that ridiculous plea offer...but had he acted a bit more diplomatic in his presentation of that inconvenient and politically incorrect TRUTH, he could have stayed on the case, rejected the plea, and made his point. Nevertheless, I applaud this Brother, BIG TIME!!

Says three months of probation for fighting with a cop is 'ridiculous'

PITTSBURGH — A black judge from western Pennsylvania rejected a plea agreement for a man accused of fighting with police during a traffic stop, saying it was "a ridiculous plea that only goes to white boys."

The plea agreement was for a sentence of three months probation. Allegheny County Judge Joseph Williams said on Tuesday that a black defendant in that situation would not have been treated as leniently.

In court, Williams told Assistant District Attorney Brian Catanzarite that he "for some reason comes up with I think ridiculous pleas whenever it's a young white guy," according to The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I'm just telling you what my observation is. If this had been a black kid who did the same thing, we wouldn't be talking about three months' probation."

^^^^^ But the White Judge accepted the plea.

So, if a Black male fights a cop with similar circumstances and background as this case, then this case sets a precedence for him to receive probation as well.

"Six in one hand, half-dozen in the other."

Excellent point!!! :toast::toast: Not just probation, but just THREE MONTHS probation. Love it.

This brother spoke an inconvenient truth!! :toast: The judge ended up recusing himself from the case and a White judge accepted the rediculous plea. I think the brother just blew his top at that ridiculous plea offer...but had he acted a bit more diplomatic in his presentation of that inconvenient and politically incorrect TRUTH, he could have stayed on the case, rejected the plea, and made his point. Nevertheless, I applaud this Brother, BIG TIME!!

Says three months of probation for fighting with a cop is 'ridiculous'

PITTSBURGH — A black judge from western Pennsylvania rejected a plea agreement for a man accused of fighting with police during a traffic stop, saying it was "a ridiculous plea that only goes to white boys."

The plea agreement was for a sentence of three months probation. Allegheny County Judge Joseph Williams said on Tuesday that a black defendant in that situation would not have been treated as leniently.

In court, Williams told Assistant District Attorney Brian Catanzarite that he "for some reason comes up with I think ridiculous pleas whenever it's a young white guy," according to The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I'm just telling you what my observation is. If this had been a black kid who did the same thing, we wouldn't be talking about three months' probation."

explain?

He could have called a brief recess and did some quick research then presented factual statements based on actual cases and statistics from that DA office. Additionally, rather than use the term "White boys" he could have used the term "White defendents". Had he done those two things, it would have been an indisputable slam dunk.

Again, I don't take anything from this brother. I am sure he was just stunned by the slap on the wrist and caught off guard in his reaction. I applaud the Brother for simply standing up and saying what needed to be said...I am not saying I would have said it any better had I been in his situation, but I am saying that that would have been the most EFFECTIVE way to do it, and maintain his seat so that the defendent would have actually gotten a more appropriate sentence commenserate with what non-white defendents would have gotten.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back