Black People : Black judge rejects plea deal for 'white boy'

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Full Speed, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    This brother spoke an inconvenient truth!! :toast: The judge ended up recusing himself from the case and a White judge accepted the rediculous plea. I think the brother just blew his top at that ridiculous plea offer...but had he acted a bit more diplomatic in his presentation of that inconvenient and politically incorrect TRUTH, he could have stayed on the case, rejected the plea, and made his point. Nevertheless, I applaud this Brother, BIG TIME!!

Says three months of probation for fighting with a cop is 'ridiculous'

PITTSBURGH — A black judge from western Pennsylvania rejected a plea agreement for a man accused of fighting with police during a traffic stop, saying it was "a ridiculous plea that only goes to white boys."

The plea agreement was for a sentence of three months probation. Allegheny County Judge Joseph Williams said on Tuesday that a black defendant in that situation would not have been treated as leniently.

In court, Williams told Assistant District Attorney Brian Catanzarite that he "for some reason comes up with I think ridiculous pleas whenever it's a young white guy," according to The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I'm just telling you what my observation is. If this had been a black kid who did the same thing, we wouldn't be talking about three months' probation."

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    ^^^^^ But the White Judge accepted the plea.

So, if a Black male fights a cop with similar circumstances and background as this case, then this case sets a precedence for him to receive probation as well.

"Six in one hand, half-dozen in the other."

3. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045

Excellent point!!! :toast::toast: Not just probation, but just THREE MONTHS probation. Love it.

4. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    explain?

5. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    He could have called a brief recess and did some quick research then presented factual statements based on actual cases and statistics from that DA office. Additionally, rather than use the term "White boys" he could have used the term "White defendents". Had he done those two things, it would have been an indisputable slam dunk.

Again, I don't take anything from this brother. I am sure he was just stunned by the slap on the wrist and caught off guard in his reaction. I applaud the Brother for simply standing up and saying what needed to be said...I am not saying I would have said it any better had I been in his situation, but I am saying that that would have been the most EFFECTIVE way to do it, and maintain his seat so that the defendent would have actually gotten a more appropriate sentence commenserate with what non-white defendents would have gotten.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    point well made ............sister cherryblossom

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

OR LESS since in this case 3 months was the MAXIMUM.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    if the judge had not let his emotions run away he could have nailed the DA

9. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    That was my point when I said:

but had he acted a bit more diplomatic in his presentation of that inconvenient and politically incorrect TRUTH, he could have stayed on the case, rejected the plea, and made his point. Nevertheless, I applaud this Brother, BIG TIME!!

That's your homeboy, get him in check. :em2300:

10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    This case as well as other cases where a white gets a slap on the wrist continues to illuminate a climate of hatred and disdain for the black race that is prevalent throughout America. The mindset of those individuals have not changed and the racial tensions continue to be passed down from generation to generation.This is all due to the way society portrays white crime versus black crime, blacks are more likely to be arrested, go to jail, get longer/harsher prison terms, etc. Just as the judge was trying to point out. This white boy went free and the officer agreed to the plea because of the stereotypes that people have about blacks, not only in society, but also at the highest level of our justice system .

There is an over representation of black men on death row, and in jail not because they commit worse crimes, but because our justice system is racist.

Peace!