Black Money Business Jobs : Black Job Applicants Change ‘Black-Sounding’ Names,Awards and Organizations to Bypass Discrimination

Chidike ... hi there ... :)

You cannot post entire articles of other people's property - only a snippet and link is allowed.

Rule #11 - Respect People's Property - Include Only a Snippet and Link

Interesting topic though, thanks for sharing.

What happens when they show up looking big and black like me ... :mirror:

Who wants to work for people that are going to treat them that way before they even start?

What will day 294 look like, dealing with folk like this - after you get in - then what?

What does changing one's self so dramatically, in an attempt to fit in, do to one's self esteem?

Sounds like not getting the job is better than the cure.

Thanks for sharing.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Chidike ... hi there ... :)

You cannot post entire articles of other people's property - only a snippet and link is allowed.

Rule #11 - Respect People's Property - Include Only a Snippet and Link

Interesting topic though, thanks for sharing.

What happens when they show up looking big and black like me ... :mirror:

Who wants to work for people that are going to treat them that way before they even start?

What will day 294 look like, dealing with folk like this - after you get in - then what?

What does changing one's self so dramatically, in an attempt to fit in, do to one's self esteem?

Sounds like not getting the job is better than the cure.

Thanks for sharing.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Thank you sister....so we can only include a small part of the article, not the whole thing. Got you!

interesting....

nametag_1170-770x460.jpg

"A number of studies indicate that modern black names can act as a burden, whereas our findings show that historical black names conveyed a large advantage over a person's lifetime," says Lisa Cook. (Credit: iStockphoto)

African-American men with historically black names live a year longer

You are free to share this article under the
Attribution 4.0 International license.

Black men with historically distinctive black names such as Elijah and Moses lived a year longer, on average, than other black men, according to new research examining 3 million US death certificates from 1802 to 1970.

The study is one of the first to find benefits of having a racially distinctive name. Other studies that looked at current black names such as Jamal and Lakisha suggest that having these modern-day monikers leads to discrimination.

black-names.jpg

life-expectancy-chart-black-names.jpg

Read more
http://www.futurity.org/historically-black-names-men-1129452-2/

My given name sounds anything but Black. My credentials don't sound Black either. Also, on the phone I can sound like a white girl. So I always get interviewed. But when my Black body shows up, that's when the discrimination begins. So what's the point of avoiding it with a name? Unless you're passing it will only be a temporary stop.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back